Evolution saw guide / Ryobi R18CS7-0

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzM

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of the Evolution ST4800, and know whether it is compatible with the Ryobi R18CS7-0?

All Evolution Power will say is that they haven't tested it; and, unhelpfully, they don't provide the cross section dimensions.

If anyone can oblige with those, that would be helpful. TIA

If it seems to be compatible, I might well invest and report back.

I have some of the Evolution guide rails - they’re identical to the Festool-pattern, but with two downward-facing t-tracks under the ribs, instead of the one up/one down that the Festool has. Ribs are standard 16mm wide, spaced 32mm apart, with a further 119mm from the mid-rib to the edge of the rail, so 183mm wide overall. The splinter guard overhangs this by a few mm obvs.

No idea about the Ryobi - looks like a circular saw that has a slot for the track, rather than a plunge saw, but a good price for a cordless; I did a lot of work with a cheap Ryobi circ saw when I was first setting up, couldn’t fault it for the money.

HTH P

FitzM":3e2b5zrz said:
Has anyone got any experience of the Evolution ST4800, and know whether it is compatible with the Ryobi R18CS7-0?

All Evolution Power will say is that they haven't tested it; and, unhelpfully, they don't provide the cross section dimensions.

If anyone can oblige with those, that would be helpful. TIA

If it seems to be compatible, I might well invest and report back.

It’s just a shame the supply cheap track saws with two short rails and not one long one. I’d probably have one as a spare to keep my Mafell away from ropey stuff.

Back