evo stick wood glue ruined

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only limitation with bandsaw boxes is your imagination. I have done most of the alphabet in moneyboxes, including a locking and seperate C & K for a wedding pressie for a couple in Aussie!!

CandKmbox.jpg

CandKmbox2.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wondered if the OP may be interested too??

Wow Jonzjob, they are some pretty cool boxes. Maybe there should be a gallery or thread to show small easy projects like this (I should be careful using the word "easy") :-"

Very clever John,

I'll bet the couple were delighted with their pressie.

I think these boxes are relatively easy compared to some of the boxes seen on this forum, I could never get such super joints like some people. With these bandsaw boxes the biggest difficulty seems to be sanding the bandsaw marks off.

You've got me going now - might just fire up the bandsaw tomorrow :)

regards

Brian

One of the first things about rejoining a bandsaw joint is NOT to sand it. If you do then you will take off the form of the cut and it won't fit back correctly. Just very lightly take the kerf roughnesses off the inside of the draws, just so they aren't rough to the touch. And as far as the inside of the actual box, well, it's out of site and feel..

After it's all clamped and dry then you can get on with sanding it down to a nice even finish.. A coat of sanding sealer, de-knibbed, followed by a rub over with lavender furniture polish before I got me Beal buffing system. Looks good, feels good and don't smell too bad either...

John,

I must be more clear in future, as I think you misunderstood what I meant. you are right of course not to sand the actual joint that is to be glued back on the bandsaw box. When I said I couldn't get the joints that some people get, I was actually referring to normal joints on regular boxes.

I shouldn't talk about two different things in the same paragraph :?

regards

Brian

Well, it's bin a lovely day here and I have managed to replace the rainwater but that was destroyed in the very very cold spell and I didn't sand the joints on the last box either...

Sorry Brian, not sure what you mean? 2 subjects in the same parachute? Me? Never :twisted: :twisted:

Also sorry about my twisted sense (?) of humour mate! It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just a general observation learned by experience :oops: Sand a joint that's going to be nailed back together after a band say cut and you have a sieve :oops: :oops: :oops:

Matt@":2ec5a1rk said:
whats the secret to keeping the nozzles on these bottles unblocked then :( Its the most idiotic design ever - I've taken to drilling through the top of the nozzle every so often to keep the glue flowing. Anyone know here to buy the old plain nozzles that don't have a closing mechanism?

I transfer pva glue into an old fairy liquid bottle because the lid has a small plastic pin that stops the hole completely sealing up. Plus its easy to take off any dried glue.

Back