EverBuild D4 shelf Life.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding the stated shelf life of 6 months from date of manufacture.

Anybody had any experience on how critical this is.
As it comes in 1 Ltr. bottles I can't see me using anywhere near half of it in that sort of timescale.

Is it a case of 'guaranteed performance' by the manufacture.
And in reality, subject to sensible storage & in use tests it's good for longer.

Similar quantities of various PVA's purchased over the years have seen useful lives in years not months.

My experience suggests that if you can still get it out of the container it will work.If there isn't a great deal of it left,it will solidify in the container due to the air (and moisture in it) initiating the change from liquid to solid.I have,when desperate used a long series drill bit to reach into the still liquid portion beneath the crust.

It'll last a year or so but much longer. It goes lumpy and stringy. Don't let it get either too hot or two cold. I use it up on a mortar mix, on the concrete workshop floor or for sealing blanks as soon as it shows any deterioration, and as I got the last one with a bulk buy of hot melt it was only £4.35 anyway.

Back