• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Evenwood saw and Wadkin planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
A local builder is packing up and asked if I knew anyone who might want some old machines he has.

They won't be available for a week or two and I don't know what he wants for them yet but if anyone is interested message me and I can pass on their details.

Location is Yorkshire between Selby and Goole.

All 240v, guessing might need 16amp supply.

Sorry about rubbish photos, I can get better ones when he's finished tidying up a bit!

Evenwood saw, looks a decent cast iron thing, he says it works fine.

evenwood 1.jpg

evenwood 2.jpg

Wadkin BAOS Planer Thicknesser

This is a strange one, apparently something went wrong with the thicknesser feed years ago and it hasn't been used since.. Looks like the gearbox was taken apart and left like that so not sure if all the bits are there, I think it will be a gear and worm drive which are worn, they are available but silly expensive. Could be a good project for someone or just used for spares or I'm sure could just be used as a surface planer. It does look in much better condition than the photo shows. it's just been stood gathering dust for the last 15+ years.

baos 1.jpg

Also a kindling splitter, this thing scares me! I wouldn't go anywhere near it but going by the amount of kindling he sold it's a useful thing. Photo doesn't show it but basically the exposed belt makes an axe head type thing go up and down, you wouldn't want your fingers anywhere near it 😬

log splitter 1.jpg

log splitter 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back