European woodworking show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Peter Berry doing a woodcarving stall/display again this year? I thought his stuff, was easily the best there, last year.

richarnold":3aqxdsjg said:
Looking forward to meeting you David.
I have decided to give "Bernard" ( that's my wifes name for it, I haven't a clue why!!!) another try out this week end, but I might need a volunteer to pull the rope. Any offers?
065.jpg
I'll be happy to pull your strings :)

hope to meet some of you guys but not got a clue what anyone looks like you'l know me by mrs ,Anne the wife's turquoise crutches with crochet butterfly's on them :lol:

mmab9":2k27ba28 said:
hope to meet some of you guys but not got a clue what anyone looks like

Have a look in the Rogues'Gallery - there are pictures of many UKWS members there. I'll be the one wearing a Clifton #7 in his buttonhole :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Just got back from the show. An excellent day out and well worth visiting tomorrow if you weren't able to get there today. Will post up some pictures tomorrow.

Paul

We had as great day too with perfect autumn weather. Spent more time there than before with less of it looking at tools and more looking at and buying boards. The quarter sawn oak from Lincolnshire Woodcrafts was worth going for alone but when I found the Mac Timbers tent I thought I was in heaven. Walnut and plane, beautiful. And what an interesting man he is.
Bit disappointed not to be able to talk to Phil Edwards but it would only have meant spending more money. Quite exciting to see Deneb Puchalski in the flesh too.
Only minor disappointment was the expresso machine not working. I'm sure it wasn't working last year either.
Great day out and I hope people going today have as much fun.
Simon

I also went yesterday and looking out of the window so glad I did !! As Simon said it was better than previous years despite Konrad and Phil not being there, however I did bump into Bill Carter who had a few goodies to tempt me with. It was good to chat with Thomas himself on the Lie Nielsen stand, I must say it was great to see DC back on the circuit. David Barron was surrounded as was Richard Maguire whose benches I think look great
Richards bench was full of interesting items however I didnt see " Bernard " in action !!Mike from Clifton was in fine form as was Michel over from France with his rasps .
There were many more displays of great interest but the hand tools are my personal favourite
I hope all who attended enjoyed it as much as I did
Peter

I am just back

Cold
WET
HUNGRY
TIRED
What a GOOD show I had a great time

I met Bernard ( IN PERSON ) wasn't able to pull his string ,

Met DC and he is looking fine now also Mark Hancock and Simon Hope along with Mark Baker

All the same faces doing the rounds

NO HOG ROAST MAN :cry:

Had to settle for Char-grilled sausage with spicy chutney :lol: Poor me !

Had not planned on buying anything and returned home £100 lighter :mrgreen: as you do

Met up with Jonny D, Doug B and John Bigley. As you can see the weather was glorious on Saturday

DSC_0419_zps1f27520b.jpg

It was nice to meet Richard Arnold and to chat about moulding planes and how best to use them

DSC_0417_zpsb6568d84.jpg

In addition to his moulding planes, Richard had a lovely little plane made for him by Bill Carter and just as we were chatting about it, Bill appeared :)

Richard Maguire had three of his benches there, one of which was the new, small bench he has designed for people with small workshops

DSC_0416_zpsd28c31f6.jpg

I thought the bench was very impressive. Rock solid even when planing vigorously. Of course, if you have a larger workshop you could always go for this one

DSC_0409_zpsa3afed17.jpg

I think Richard was impressed with the Veritas skew rebate plane

DSC_0411_zps08d6adad.jpg

Veritas had some interesting new tools on show. I bought one of their new adjustable planing stops which utilise the 3/4" dog holes used by their other accessories. A very simple device that will be very useful.

I attended the presentation by David Savage on hammer veneering. I already have his DVD but seeing him do it in person and being able to ask questions was useful.

David from Classic Hand Tools was demonstrating the wide range of good quality chisels now available so it was good to be able to compare them. The new Veritas range are impressive.

My favourite plane maker, Mike Hudson, was there with his range of Clifton planes - always nice to meet up with Mike for a chat.

Good to see David Charlesworth fit and well again after his serious illness.

Michel Auriou was there with his range of lovely woodworking rasps and stone carving tools. It was very interesting to see stone carving being done.

Overall an excellent show and well worth going.

Paul

Had a good day out and was good to meet up with folks and thanks to Doug for driving.

Just to prove Paul was there

CAC409C3-0ABD-4DB4-9B3E-D57D8A6E27DF-6454-000007D121696CEB_zps12c041d9.jpg

Cheers

Jon

I was there on Saturday had a great dry day will put pic's up tomorrow .spent the day on sunday at the mrs's daughters

I went along on the Saturday, it was my first one and although I am not really hand tools guy I really enjoyed my day. I mentioned not a hand tool woodworker but I can see why it appeals to a lot of people and perhaps when I have the time (and patience) I may get into it a lot more.

I spent a bit of time *and money) at the Veritas stand chatting with the chap on the stall (didn't get his name) I bought an apron plane and a low angle block plane and some set up blocks. The wife not wanting to be outdone bought me a Veritas honing guide kit...............bless her

I bought a few other bits a nd bobs at various stalls so I'm not going to total up the reciepts for fear of heart failure.

I thought the young chap selling the hand forged knives had some great products, he told me that he had almost sold out after only the first day. Good for him

I wanted to watch John Lloyd on cutting dovetails in the afternoon but I could see SWMBO was starting to glaze over so I took the initiative and beat a retreat while the going was good, we had a beer instead.

Enjoyed my day made better by the weather.

Looking forward to the D&M show in October.

David

Hi i just wanted to say thankyou to all the lovely people i meet at the Eurpoean woodworking show last weekend , i was made to feel very welcome although a little chilly on the sunday :( i really enjoyed the show hope to see you all again soon best wishes Kate Arnold and of course Bernard :lol:

Back