European woodworking show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":jaqprj1e said:
Normandy, having a look at the 'D' day beaches and visiting a forum member from TWH - Rob

Aha, only just over the water then.

Bon voyage on two counts then. :|

The Thread was about who is going to the show and like Rob I explained why I wasn't going - I could have just said "not me"?

I also thought Moderators were supposed Moderate not fan the flames?

I've just come back from Yandles which is nearer to me, free entry, lots of discounted wood and a lot of the attendees at the European Show were present there including CHT!

Rod

woodbloke":2p4bfup4 said:
just the same as Alf, who for some reason also doesn't post...I wonder why that is?

from Alf`s blog

"Anyway, as to more regular updates to this blog, I can't promise anything. The spirit is reasonably willing, but the flesh is basically buggered at the moment. Heigh ho. Nothing terminal or even moderately exciting, just an old familiar foe who fancied to reminisce. Lucky me..."

sounds like she`s not too well.......hope she picks up & is back posting soon.

Doug B":3kegmdso said:
woodbloke":3kegmdso said:
just the same as Alf, who for some reason also doesn't post...I wonder why that is?

...sounds like she`s not too well.......hope she picks up & is back posting soon.

Alf decided to stop posting on here some time ago:

post675790.html#p675790

Last visited: Apr 08, 2012 2:25pm

DTR":padxoh3k said:
Doug B":padxoh3k said:
woodbloke":padxoh3k said:

...sounds like she`s not too well.......hope she picks up & is back posting soon.

Alf decided to stop posting on here some time ago:

post675790.html#p675790

Last visited: Apr 08, 2012 2:25pm

Missed that :shock: Thanks, folks do get worked up.

mmab9":22275wx2 said:
I'm new on here and did not mean to upset all sorry

Don't worry, you didn't upset anybody. Let us know how you get on at the show.

No need to be sorry mm - it happens all the time - the thing is not to take Forums too seriously.
"There's non so queer as folks?"

Rod

Doug B":2j3qvzgq said:
mmab9":2j3qvzgq said:
I'm new on here and did not mean to upset all sorry

Don`t worry, folks seem to like getting worked up.......what day you going to the show?

Not to sure yet got the tickets though wifey will be with me as she loves woody things to

Grahamshed":aul2c3ho said:
I fancy going, if only to see the old barn etc. It looks great in the pictures. But they say no dogs in the buildings or grounds and although they would find it difficult to enforce they make no mention of excepting guide dogs.

Graham, was looking at the show site whilst our server was down and somebody had asked about guide dogs and they are allowed.

Noel":9v62y2q7 said:
Grahamshed":9v62y2q7 said:
I fancy going, if only to see the old barn etc. It looks great in the pictures. But they say no dogs in the buildings or grounds and although they would find it difficult to enforce they make no mention of excepting guide dogs.

Graham, was looking at the show site whilst our server was down and somebody had asked about guide dogs and they are allowed.

Thanks for that Noel, and the pm.

I will be going, hopefully might meet some of you. Won't go to yandle as it is too far away. So I am happy there is one closer to me, actually on my doorstep. In all reality I read the previous posts, does it really matter where the shows are, as long a people go to them and enjoy themselves and learn somting new, even if it is only small, and of course buy some nice shiney new toys to play with in the workshop!! =P~

Anyways, I'm going and will enjoy myself, might even spalsh out and go to both days.

Cheers

Richard

As I have previously mentioned, I will be putting on a display of early wooden planes, and demonstrating there use.
I just wanted to point out that i am not a dealer, so I won't have anything for sale, but what i would like to say is that if anyone needs any help with a wooden plane they have, be it sharpening it, restoring it, or even just how to use it, please bring it along, and i will do my best to help. Also there will be a stack of wood, and a bench, so if you want to try using an old woody, your free to give it a try. I think these shows are great for just meeting up with people, exchanging ideas, and hopefully learning something from each other. much as this forum does, which is something worth remembering, and something I for one, greatly appreciate.

richarnold":3a6kfow8 said:
As I have previously mentioned, I will be putting on a display of early wooden planes, and demonstrating there use.
I just wanted to point out that i am not a dealer, so I won't have anything for sale, but what i would like to say is that if anyone needs any help with a wooden plane they have, be it sharpening it, restoring it, or even just how to use it, please bring it along, and i will do my best to help. Also there will be a stack of wood, and a bench, so if you want to try using an old woody, your free to give it a try. I think these shows are great for just meeting up with people, exchanging ideas, and hopefully learning something from each other. much as this forum does, which is something worth remembering, and something I for one, greatly appreciate.

I would love to have a go so I will come and have a look at your stall

Got the tickets for Saturday, hotel booked now ,pick the new car up on Friday and we off Saturday morning to the show and Sunday at the partners daughters in Essex.Hope to meet lots of craftsmen and woman .will look at as much as I can but main interests are wood carving as I do green wood carving and want to take up the lathe work .Am still looking to get a lathe soon ,Also tools just love tools.also Nic Westerman forging as I make knives as a hobby and like to have a go at forging .Looking for tools to help me carve as I have arthritic in my hands and wrists so now need help these days ,hope to see the electric chisels at work might help with the pain I get now also lost the strength in the hands now :cry: but not giving up on doing stuff.
Hope to put up lots of Pic's afterwards

Hoping to meet some of you at the stunning Cressing Temple Barns.

Saturday and Sunday.

David Charlesworth

Looking forward to meeting you David.
I have decided to give "Bernard" ( that's my wifes name for it, I haven't a clue why!!!) another try out this week end, but I might need a volunteer to pull the rope. Any offers?
065.jpg

richarnold":35qtbqg6 said:
I have decided to give "Bernard" ( that's my wifes name for it, I haven't a clue why!!!) another try out this week end, but I might need a volunteer to pull the rope. Any offers?

Whilst I`ll pass on pulling Bernard, I`ll look forward to seeing both David & yourself on Saturday.

A few of us will be at the beer tent at 12.30 if anyone wants to meet up.

Cheers.

Back