"Euro" hinges & jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

anybody got any suggestions where to buy kitchen cabinet hinges (commonly referred to in USA as Euro Hinges). Also a good quality jig for drilling/routing the holes would be useful

Thanks

Oo, oo, I know this one. :) Point thy browser here for the hinges and here for the relevent hole cutters. If you have a router then it's fairly simple to make a jig to use with an appropriately sized guide bush. That's what I did when I fitted some to my workstation, and it was a doddle (even for jig-challenged me. If a router and jig can make a mess of a job, I'm guaranteed to do it). Whatever you do, it pays to do a test run or two. DAMHIKT :oops: I haven't run across any commercial jigs to fit them, I'm afraid; but then I haven't been looking.

Cheers, Jester

Try Ikia hinges they're adjustable in all directions and cost about £3.00 each.

If you're looking for trade suppliers try Julius Blum, Hettich and Hafele (in Rugby). In your neck of the woods there is also Isaac Lord in High Wycombe. Up here there's Woodfit at Kem Mill in Chorley (trade and DIY). Both Lords and Woodfit do mail order and have a catalogue, too

I have now got a woodfit catalogue & I know all about Isaac Lords - also Drews in Reading can help, but I'll probably order in bulk from Woodfit.

I've seen norm use a jig when he hangs these. I noticed on the Workshop garage episode. I think it came from rockler - not sure.

I've never used these hinges but they look good.

Back