Eumenia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Does anyone have experience with these machines?

They look pretty versatile, especially with the wobble blade router attachment.

I was trying to get hold of one but can't find any dealers - ebay was the only place I found.
Cheers

Guy

Guy,

hmm, found loads of references to their washing machines
but none to the RAS. Did you know they made washing
machines as well :eek:

However I did find a parked page which kind of lead me to
beleive they might be handled by NMA.

nmauk.tequilasolutions.com

Ive only ever seen one before and the thing that struck me
was the fact there is a column to front and back so the width
of material you can pass between the pillars will be limited.

But then I could be completely wrong, it wasnt a very good picci
after all :wink:

Cheers

Signal

Yes, I saw that as well - they even use the same motors apparently.

The one I saw was limited to 600 mm travel between the posts, but the head also swivels and can be used for ripping (how effective this would be I'm not sure)

Guy

Rutlands used to stock the Eumenia RAS, see catalogue issue 23. Can't seem to find it in the later ones but it may be worth a chat with them to get their views. I also seem to remember a thread on this forum where a user was raving about them. Again may be worth digging around the old posts.

Regards

Wiz

I always thought that the Eumenia saws looked good, but have never tried one.

They are imported by nma agencies and details are on their website ( www.nmauk.com ) I'm sure that they will be able to point you towards a dealer.

Regards

Didn't John (wot built the workshop) have one?

Rgds

Noel

You know I think your right, maybe thats where I heard about the washing machine link :lol:

Signal

Yes, John Revell did have one in his workshop.

One thing I noticed, he didnt use it even ONCE during the "Johns Workshop" where he makes the things. So i'm assuming he doesn't like it or maybe just didnt use it for some reason.

James

come to think of it I dont seem to recall Mr Revell
using any of his tools, prefering to stand back and
let an expert get on with it.

But then I only watched a few so am happy to stand
corrected :)

Signal

He did use the chop saw, I only remember because he was striking up sparks on the bed

Unfortunatley, Eumenia are no longer in business and ceased trading about 6 months ago. There are plans for another company to possibly continue building the machines,but nothing anywhere near certain as of yet. There is also the possibilty of a company in a "far away place" making the machines as we have sent one out there to be looked at with the intention of producing a similar type of saw..For anyone that already has Eumenia saws ,we have stock of spares and parts etc, although they will not last forever!.Spares can be got directly from us at NMA.
Hope this helps anyone interested, sadly there are no more machines left in the uk that we know of,except, for Toolfix in Peterborough, they had one upto a couple of weeks ago.

Richard One of the Menatnma :)

Thanks for the response Richard, back to the drawing board for me then.

hang on a minute...we may have stock of the 300exact models in 240volt. We are checking stock and we may be able to offer some sort of package for the smaller models....ring us on Thursday if interested on 01484 400488 ask for Richard or Boyd :D

Taylor bros in Liverpool have a Eumenia 600 Exact on display in their showroom and it was there at 4.00pm yesterday Sat 06.12.03

Thanks everyone for the info (only just seen the reply). I did have my heart set on a 600, but not sure if I should invest in something which would presumably have little in the way of backup/spares. Still very tempting though, I'll sleep on it tonight......
Cheers
Guy

Hi! I've only just joined the forum so I expect my comments are several years too late.
For what it is worth, I bought a Eumenia 600 in 2001.
It works beautifully, whisper quiet motor, all parts ruggedly made.
Once set up repeated cuts can be made with precision.
Drill or router can quickly be mounted in place of the saw.
I've never regretted the purchase.

Back