Eumenia - is there a part missing at rear?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGIvy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

New to the forum, did loads of woodworking many years ago and recently picked it up again.

I've just bought a Eumenia RAS and wondering if there is a part missing at the rear. Doesn't make sense to me that the screw could dent the metal post. It's rounded off to a fairly sharp point, and I was wondering if there should be some sort of plate between the screw and the post?

I have a pic but my account doesn't allow me to post it.

thanks
Rog

make 4 posts and then you can post pics. and welcome by the way :)

Here is a pic of the saw (rear). Is there something missing?
Eumenia Saw - rear.jpg

Attachments

• Eumenia Saw - rear.jpg
    Eumenia Saw - rear.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
Whether there is or is not supposed to be something there, I'd make one. The inevitable scarring of the tube would annoy me. I guess whatever you make should be metal, maybe half as thick as the gap that you have pictured and I would look to make a stubby T shape so that the packer hangs in the gap supported on both sides but not interfering with raising and lowering the arm.
Hacksaw or jigsaw it from plate, followed by some filing I think.

Thanks Sideways
I was planning on making one tomorrow. I'd also like to ask the previous owner to check if the part is hanging around somewhere - but only wanted to ask if such a part exists.

The previous owner found this
Eumenia rear disk.jpg

He's posting it to me

Attachments

• Eumenia rear disk.jpg
    Eumenia rear disk.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 268
The casting that holds the work surface that clamps to the bottom beam, it should have one of the same washers to prevent marking the beam.

Back