Etsy Vs Handmade At Amazon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-te ... nal-goods/

Following my application I've had a reply from Handmade At Amazon asking for yet more information, much of which I previously gave.

Looks like they've launched, at least in the US, but their fees are way, way higher than Etsy. If they can pull in buyers who are prepared to spend more than £5 on some scented candles (which seems to be the Etsy ceiling) then it will be worth every penny...I'm not holding my breath, but there's nothing to lose giving it a whirl so let's see.

Etsy annoys me. It jams up every image when you search for a something, for example I was looking for images of "wooden cufflinks", and like you say it seems to be full of people selling rubbish for the cost of the materials and little more. As a method of selling work for a profit, I think that Etsy is a non starter. Maybe that reflects the true market price of the items that I am looking at, but there is no profit in it.

try wood cufflinks then go to handmade then try the same on amazon and you will find most on amazon are really cheap junk

Back