Essex meet up at Harwoodoffcuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Is anyone planning on attending the Essex Makers meetup this month? It's tomorrow (21st Dec). I couldn't stay for long last time, but should be able to stay a bit longer this time.

Details here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6QxkUnAJDO ... dy2kvhke42

Location is the Hardwood Offcut shop in Brentwood, Essex:

Coffee and cakes from @ravensbakeryessex from 10:00-14:00 Saturday, December 21, at:
The Hardwood Offcut Shop
Doddinghurst Road
Brentwood
CM15 0SD
@thewoodyard101

I'm probably going to wear a 'UKworkshop' badge so I can actually meet some of you!

See you tomorrow, maybe...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’ll be there. Good to meet you briefly there last time Sammy, sorry we didn’t get to chat for long but it was a busy event!

The meet-up is open to everyone who can attend, coffee & snacks available, and a big old barn full of hardwood to poke around in. Oh, and a few people to chat to as well.

10.00am - 2.00pm or thereabouts.

Well, I'm an Essex maker, but it's well over an hours drive to Brentwood for me. The A12 is my idea of hell, so I wish you guys well, have a great time, and when you decide to do an away day to Braintree or Colchester I'll definitely be there.

Just got back from the Essex Makers meet up.
Was great fun, meeting lots of people who enjoy making things for fun and work. Some nice things displayed this week, including a trendy industrial looking metal and oak stool and a mortice and tenon mirror frame with inlays.

I picked myself up some contrasting woods: oak, tulip and iroko - don't know what I'm making yet but hope something that includes hand cut joints which will show off the contrasts.

The hardwood shop owners/staff and meet-up organisers were very hospitable friendly, as were the attendees.

I saw Peter Millard there from this forum, not sure I met anyone else, although I may have :)

Picked up a sample of a new German manufactured finish, similar to Osmo Poly X apparently, which I will give a go.
a9e31a1b6c39615e6c328f52fad2fbec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Missed this Sam. Was busy on the house today anyway tbh trying to get sorted before hols. but it's not a world away from me. Be interested if you post the next meet. Never know, might have a day off!

MikeG.":21rikm4e said:
The A12 is my idea of hell
Try going down the A303 past the rocks (Stonehenge to the uninitiated) on a Friday afternoon; the A12 is a walk in the park :lol: (and I used to drive up it often enough) - Rob

MikeG.":mrequad7 said:
Well, I'm an Essex maker, but it's well over an hours drive to Brentwood for me....

FWIW it’s about a 3-hr round trip for me...

I had the pleasure to meet Andy and Phil today, two new attendees to the meet-up. Andy had travelled from Scarborough - yes, the one on the Yorkshire coast - to be there.

Good meet, well attended, and great to see you there Sammy!

Back