Espresso

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now in for about 300 quid worth of kit so arguably this is quite an expensive cup of coffee! I am quite enjoying being a coffee snob though.

0etBRZrBNiFvBcwQ_iH995NOKV6A2dWcplIv5rYtWrB89uN0LKaar80lwFEj-P5YpOd9Fh0z6oaBERwOoz7TbT2r28LdAH2QHdOcXEslu_ahJh35HMcjnSWm-T23llnsf2bTB6__zeh-S-0lnGJwx88Z9tNqmUa7TPuB2QQchxPQA2zWUV2j9Fl5RExZEFODd-otkNJ0gr7J4-h9z3rSLrSPni5MZCrf0WX6tcF49u8vcOG_RxBbWmyM4GmG8sCosHCYLthKT8n-oLZn-kq-mTym-NFwYhtaBMTJf1yZjo2f-0mwA26z_VSFM1I6jtcFyjgAWFY9KWTMPvFbD3ZitNFr1Six1GFOPMvW5Zr1rZ-Mhkorqz1rSACnR8usSpkzcTcO7m_9YSCer07MM9SiFOoqnjJ0Yvjz5ZBWu8Zxk6gPWPIj_9LYAoOhnYBinhHJtVDCiR3Ijpf9EkwDGvyUNz_II_kkII4paWUw6FGxtWzcyyLg44D_TFzYmNaPZ1onuZ1XeeJPtjgtKHimbTeMQzjB4Ui_8wjqmDUMW293Li3zed9p30GVPngSwofmRydKGMdLwgoW1zT-cD_UAjEuyp5RhPQsn_UqrPaplpDrzLCt7X8XfRJE7DZwyuAsb4mp77KHNqNVquuhvd8T4Yaq0YLvAhK4UB1M64P-lep1YXw3uURLCR8jInLNTDbtEMESu2WeSmVgig11HY2lbhDCDOk3Kj90M_kRhgmxzv-hNw5hUOUc=w537-h716-no

I see you're an Apple user too Nabs.
:-" O:) =;
Just kidding! Glad you got the results you were after. :D

I just use a moka pot here. I can't be a*$@d to put in much more effort than that I'm afraid. I had a small machine the Mrs got me second hand but it was like trying to start a Morris marina on a cold February day and twice as noisy. When you get up at 4am that's not working out. It didn't last long and went back on Ebay.

Real reason for posting are twofold.

1. Has anyone tried a Brikka Moka pot? They have a different valve that is supposedly capable of crema. Anyone got one/ tried one?

2. What coffee do you like? I usually buy lavazza but interested to see if people can recommend a blue mountain type rounded bean that doesn't cost fortunes.
I know there's a whole black hole about grinder types etc but a decent bean, cheap grinder, beans in the fridge and the moka is about the price limit for me. I'd consider shelling out for the brika with evidence it's worth it.
I bought some Brown bear coffee for a lovely chap on here who gave me a small router table. I kept looking at it in my amazon list and got some of the blue mountain blend. It was lovely. My type of taste.
Any budgety suggestions from you expert cofficianados?

Chris. Don't know what blue mountain tastes like, unless it's menthol (eucalyptus).
What sort of flavor are you after?

I usually spend ~6 quid in a 250g bag of beans. Can get lots of interesting locally roasted options for that sort of price.
More expensive than supermarket beans, but I've decided I'm worth it.

Oh, and as someone who used a mocha pot for years, I find my espresso machine to be less faff...

Not sure how I'd begin to describe it Sam. Mid flavoured, sweetish... erm..
I'm... struggling.
That's me done Sam. Sorry. Maybe just suggestions on individual choices then!

I think the moka/ mocha ? pots can make quite bitter coffees. I've been trying to take it off halfway through and I have a little bit of steel in my shed on the side that I keep meaning to bring up to the house to try as a weight. Apparently that can help?
I won't personally be going down the machine route though. That's a rabbit hole I'll be missing out on. I have enough problems.

:wink:

Once you start it is never ending. I just forked out £30 today on special powder to flush through the machine's pipes, filter shower etc, descaler and a special brush, having actually watched the videos for my machine over a year after I got it.....

Latest posts

Back