Escape from the mrs shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2BA5F8A7-82D6-4BC5-94D3-45BF560FAD90.jpegOr put a wedge under each rafter with a plywood cleat to join to rafter.

Please don’t take this as a negative or derisory post, I love seeing other fellows builds.

You’re probably looking at a ten year life for your floor supports, and you are putting the whole of the weight of the building on your fixings, not the support posts, by fixing them to the sides of the posts. If you’ve used screws, halve that expected life, screws are not designed for sheer stress like a nail. This really needs rectifying at this stage with supports under the joists, espescially round the perimeter which will carry the not insignificant weight of the whole structure including the roof, not fixed to the side of supports as a decking could be.

Depending on what your roof covering will be, the 6x2 roof joists are under specced. They should ideal be 8x2 to prevent sagging, which on a flattish roof will just cause a pond in the middle. No amount of noggins will stop sag, they are there to prevent twist. The cost isn’t much more to double or treble the life span of the building at this point.

Your build though, so it’s for you to decide the life of the building.

I agree that the foundation posts are a problem waiting to happen. I have a nice shed that has had a foundation problem (not the same one) and it is awful to correct later,

Latest posts

Back