Erbaure ept1500 jointer thicknesser issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiley65

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have bought a erbaure j/thicknesser from screwfix i have put it together but on checking that the jointer tables are level with each other i found that both infeed and outfeed tables are angled down toward the cutter head,i have contacted screwfix but have had no reply from them on how to adjust the jointer tables i have again sent another email asking for the information on how to adjust but as yet still no reply,can anyone help me with this as i cant use until they are adjusted.

smiley65":2ce9gy2h said:
Hi all, i have bought a erbaure j/thicknesser from screwfix i have put it together but on checking that the jointer tables are level with each other i found that both infeed and outfeed tables are angled down toward the cutter head,i have contacted screwfix but have had no reply from them on how to adjust the jointer tables i have again sent another email asking for the information on how to adjust but as yet still no reply,can anyone help me with this as i cant use until they are adjusted.

I have an older version, and I may be wrong but I don't think anything is adjustable. It is what it is. Mine has a slant in the table; it cuts too much on the outside, and not at all on the inside edge by the fence - makes for creative planing. I was given mine, and it is better than no planer at all, but only just. At least the planer part works well.

^^^ This is why I said what I did.

If you are just doing a small volume, true it up with a hand plane. If you are doing a large volume, don't waste expensive wood with this tool. Erbaur are basic Chinese and quality is often appalling. Fine on something like a demolition drill, but not on a P/T.

Thanks for the replying,i have taken one back already with this issue but much worse the other problem or thing to think of is that these p/t are generic and sold under different brands at much higher prices as much as i can find out this one is very much the same,i had seen a review on screwfix noting the same issue as mine and the chap saying they can be adjusted but fiddly also one on youtube with same problem and adjusted it i have sent a message to the youtube one but no reply as yet.

If you are mechanically minded, anything can be (eventually) adjusted correctly. If you have little or no mechanical experience, take it back.
If you start to fiddle and screw something up they are within their rights to refuse to take it back.

All companies now work on this principle. They will keep replacing untill you stop coming back. Then they will either sell the rejects for scrap metal or even just dump them because there isnt enough profit in them to do anything else.

Axminster are slightly better, any rejects they get are fully inspected and adjusted and then sold on ebay.
Either keep going untill you get a good one, or get a refund and save for the next highest quality

Having a look at the reviews online quite a few seem to have this problem and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust them.

In other words, it's pants.

Hi sunnybob thanks for replying,as im not really mech minded should i get a fix i shall ask my son to do it or see if i can find a helpful person to lend a hand as my eye sight is not good,by the way i looked at your pics you are very good at woodwork. :)

Thanks for the compliment. My talent for small boxes is nothing compared to the real world carpentry of most on here though.
In your circumstances i strongly suggest you get a refund, and add money to it to buy a better model.

Sadly, very few machines nowadays are perfect, but you can get one with less difficult problems.

Back