Erbauer vs parkside

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane1978

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently own an erbauer track saw. I don’t love it. It’s a bit plasticky and feels cheap. It was cheap at £150. I had an issue with it (Blade got stuck) and they fixed it/sent it back to me.
I now also have a boxed up parkside saw. I intend to sell one of them, but which one?
Anyone used both and have a perspective?

I currently own an erbauer track saw. I don’t love it. It’s a bit plasticky and feels cheap. It was cheap at £150. I had an issue with it (Blade got stuck) and they fixed it/sent it back to me.
I now also have a boxed up parkside saw. I intend to sell one of them, but which one?
Anyone used both and have a perspective?
Sell both and get a second hand TS55 for not much more than you paid in the outset

Sell both and get a second hand TS55 for not much more than you paid in the outset
I was up for doing that 1st time round, but found the ts55 goes for about £300 second hand and the track £100. clamps etc on top and it’s getting towards £500 for a second hand set! Significantly more than I spent!

Fair enough, I've been looking at 110v version, there's a set including 3 rails for £370 BIN which is a very decent deal, I guess 240v picks up more.

I got an Erbauer sabre saw many moons ago for some hefty work in full anticipation of probably having to throw it away afterwards, having completely worn it out. It's still going strong, only thing I have had to repair was the rubbish quality grub screw holding the blade in. I have abused it mercilessly over the years but it won't die. Have quite a few tools from both and have generally been pleased with them, certainly good value. Not much help with your question I know. I suppose get the new one out and see which you prefer.

I also have a parkside tracksaw, and just in the spirit of information, it let me down last week - badly - had to trim off some wood from the side of a door which is one of the most used tasks for a tracksaw, marked the cut width on the door top and bottom, lined up the track with those lines and made the cut.

offered up the door and..... it had a bigger gap in the middle than the ends, the track wasn't straight, somehow since the last time I used it, the sections have moved just enough to throw the track off perfectly straight along it's length.

I had to reglue the section back on (pinned it as well with airfed brads and managed to fire one into my thumb just for a good 'ole "f you" from the universe, on top of the issue I was now fixing) and once dry, recut it, making sure the track was straight, thankfully the door was going to be repainted again after trimming so got away with it - but my very first thought after I had sorted it out was "now those expensive tracksaws don't seem so expensive anymore" and now I've accepted I should pay the money, next time I need to use a tracksaw - which admittedly isnt that often.

Well @rafezetter I use a couple of "those expensive track saws" and I still routinely check that the rails are straight before making a long cut. A quick rap on the end of an offcut of ply on the floor does wonders for the straightness of my joined Festool or Makita tracks! Talking with a colleague who has the Bosch/Mafell system, I discovered that his rails are better (after 5 or 6 years usage), although by no means perfect. Even rails wear eventually, it seems

Back