Erbauer Router ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PitBull":1cytqg02 said:
Re Scrit's rec' on NuTool cutter set - don't go there.
PB - it wasn't quite a recommendation - the rest of the comment was:
... but the biggest difference to the performance of any router is to partner it with a good cutter. Really and truly a case of you gets what yer pays for...
A colleague of mine bought a set of the NuTool cutters from B&Q when out on a job (he'd just had a DW625 and its cutters nicked) and his comments were to the effect that "they did the job...". I was left with the impression that they were adequate and nothing more. Personally I've long since given up on buying cheap tools or cheap cutters, although I am getting fed up of being held to ransom by Trend dealers who charge over the odds for cutters which Trend don't make (they buy in everything). A number of years of (mostly bad) experience has told me that chaep tools just aren't worth the effort if you are trying to make a living at it. But it is difficult to suggest where someone on a budget should go. Have you any suggestions? I have amended the previous post to reflect your input

Scrit

Well I'm well and truly on a budget and so far Perform Router Cutters from Axminster have given me good results but maybe PB has an alternative suggestion :wink:

Back