Erbauer plunge saw track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LarryS":3mm98zdr said:
Have you tried the saw out yet ? I'm in need of a track saw and the erbauer looks like a very keen price

Paul

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Been waiting for a couple of plywood sheets to arrive so I can rip them down for a carcase. They're here now so will let you know. This is my first track saw, always used a circular saw and long fence but trashed it hence the Erbauer!

alanch9":172uukti said:
LarryS":172uukti said:
Have you tried the saw out yet ? I'm in need of a track saw and the erbauer looks like a very keen price

Paul

Been waiting for a couple of plywood sheets to arrive so I can rip them down for a carcase. They're here now so will let you know. This is my first track saw, always used a circular saw and long fence but trashed it hence the Erbauer!

Spent yesterday testing it out and am happy with the saw at this price. It's a large heavy beast but setting up easy and dito for using it. As for fettling:
- Did have to fiddle a bit with the track joining. Unless it perfectly aligned the track lock binds where the pieces join and stops the saw travelling. The track lock needed careful adjusting. My Christmas present will be a long track section.
- It wasn't cutting at 90deg (not particularly surprising).

But:
- Although not mentioned in adv blurb the saw soft starts (I thought it would but other brands make a point of it).
- The cut line is nice and clean
- The quick action track clamps are great.

Cheers

petermillard":34yber4o said:
alanch9":34yber4o said:
Super thsnks. Have already emailed them ([email protected]). No technical enquiries address listed.
Just asked the question on twitter; yes, the Erbauer saw us compatible with Makita (ergo Titan, Festool etc...) rails. Also confirmed in the Screwfix ‘Q&A’ section under the saw listing[THUMBS UP SIGN]

HTH P

Thanks Peter. Screwfix now responded saying Makita compatible,. So I guess my new longer piece will be that or judging by the comments here, Festool.

alanch9":1wo1z3bv said:
alanch9":1wo1z3bv said:
LarryS":1wo1z3bv said:

Paul

Spent yesterday testing it out and am happy with the saw at this price. It's a large heavy beast but setting up easy and dito for using it. As for fettling:
- Did have to fiddle a bit with the track joining. Unless it perfectly aligned the track lock binds where the pieces join and stops the saw travelling. The track lock needed careful adjusting. My Christmas present will be a long track section.
- It wasn't cutting at 90deg (not particularly surprising).

But:
- Although not mentioned in adv blurb the saw soft starts (I thought it would but other brands make a point of it).
- The cut line is nice and clean
- The quick action track clamps are great.

Cheers
Thanks for the review that's a great help, did you consider the Titan model at all ?

If you haven't done it already take a smotth fine fine and chamfer/radius all the edges where the tracks join, I had a few burrs on my tracks (even the festool) that make the joint less than smooth. 10 mins with a file and the join is much improved.

LarryS":1y3cshlf said:
alanch9":1y3cshlf said:
[Thanks for the review that's a great help, did you consider the Titan model at all ?

The Titan’s a good saw for the money - the standard blade is surprisingly good, even in chip-prone MFC. No soft-start on the Titan and it’s all a bit ‘rough and ready’ but it’s a great entry-level tracksaw. I did a comparison with the Festool (‘Festool v Cheap tool’) for my YouTube - general link in my sig.

HTH P

petermillard":3nnxi5x6 said:
LarryS":3nnxi5x6 said:
alanch9":3nnxi5x6 said:
[Thanks for the review that's a great help, did you consider the Titan model at all ?

The Titan’s a good saw for the money - the standard blade is surprisingly good, even in chip-prone MFC. No soft-start on the Titan and it’s all a bit ‘rough and ready’ but it’s a great entry-level tracksaw. I did a comparison with the Festool (‘Festool v Cheap tool’) for my YouTube - general link in my sig.

HTH P
Excellent thanks for the late Pete I'll have a look at the video

It was a toss-up between the erbauer and the Titan for me but thought the Titan a little rougher so went with erbauer can't be much in it really?

Alan

I went for the scheppach track saw, for anyone who is interested, and would recommend that. I got the 75mm version, so it's got a nice depth of cut. The standard blade is a bit pants, but I got a nice trend blade for it and it cuts great.

Tracks are compatible with makita / festool etc too, and the axminster / festool ratchet clamps work great in it.

alanch9":1mdcmyb1 said:
It was a toss-up between the erbauer and the Titan for me but thought the Titan a little rougher so went with erbauer can't be much in it really?

Alan
Man, it really was a ‘spur of the moment’ purchasing decision, wasn’t it :D Erbauer’s a bigger saw, bigger blade, bigger motor, more depth of cut, has soft-start, variable speed, comes with a 48-tooth blade, and costs half as much again as the Titan. Other than that, not much in it, no ;)

Thanks for the info about the 'sticky' strip, Peter. I thought the Makita one was very OK when new, but had nothing to compare it with. My two shorter rails are out on loan at the mo but I'll give them a good wash when they get back (it seems to help things like router mat), and we'll see. They haven't had a good clean since they were new, years ago.

On the other hand, it's actually quite nice that the 3m rail isn't so sticky -- if I do replace the strips I'll leave that one alone. It's awkward enough to line up as it is: (tilt backwards, slide a tiny bit and drop into place, mutter, repeat), but I"m really glad I've got it!

Hi

Bought an Erbauer saw today.

Good news is the track attaches easily and accurately to my colleagues Festool Track

Seems good after a few trial cuts. Looks well made. Very impressed with what is in the box. 2 Clamps , dust bag, 2 short tracks with joining rails and a carry bag for the tracks. No carry case for the saw, but accessories such as clamps and carry bag push up the cost of a premium saw even further.

However it has a scribe cut feature that is meant to do a 2 to 3 mm cut when attached to the track. Cut was 10mm! Not much use as a scribe cut. Am getting it swopped at screwfix to see if this makes any difference. Not sure this will be a deal breaker either way but a bit disappointing. Great no quibble customer service from Imran at screwfix as always.

May keep new saw anyway even if scribe depth is off on the replacement, my needs and budget at the moment are nowhere near Festool territory. If it turns out to be a Turkey as I try it out further, might stretch to a Makita.

Just bought an Erbauer ERB690CSW plunge saw from Screwfix. First impressions are quite favourable given I'm a garage woodworker/amateur. However, saw only comes with max of 1400mm track (2 x 700's) and nowhere can I find extra track lengths. They seem to be selling a few of this model so are others having same query? Does anyone know if other brands track will fit?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Alan.
Hi Alan. Did you ever get more track? I have the same problem and Makita looks identical. Julian

I think the evolution track is the go to budget option. The 2800 set (2x 1400 rails) runs about £85?

I have it and my festool and titan saws both work fine on it

New member and first time plunge saw/track saw owner.I bought the ERB690 to start fitting out my new garage and wanted an upgrade from my dads old B&D circular saw that he bought ~1990 (which does still work for rough work I should add!).

I'd had the saw in my Screwfix basket for a month or so, and was holding off until I needed it when I finished the actual building of the garage. My original plan was to use the 2 little 700 rails and compliment them with the Evolution 2800 pair of rails. Unfortunately they seem to out of stock everywhere, so after rewatching Peter Millards tracksaw videos and finding this thread I ultimately decided to go for Makita rails, and mean as my first job will be ripping full sheets for nice long shelves, I pushed the boat out and went for the 3m rail. It seemed crazy spending more on the rail than the saw, but having used it a handful of times, its worth its weight in gold! I even joined it with the little 700 rails to do a 4.3m cut on some joined together osb to box in my roller shutter! I thnik I will get a Makita 1.5m rail as well to make cross cuts easier and just use the 700s for little cuts. The one thing I have found is that the Erbauer rails ribs seem to be very slightly wider than the Makita rails, so resnugging is needed when swapping back and fore and the saw only just adjusts tight enough for the Makita rails.

Last edited:
Back