Erbauer plunge saw track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanch9

Reaction score
Just bought an Erbauer ERB690CSW plunge saw from Screwfix. First impressions are quite favourable given I'm a garage woodworker/amateur. However, saw only comes with max of 1400mm track (2 x 700's) and nowhere can I find extra track lengths. They seem to be selling a few of this model so are others having same query? Does anyone know if other brands track will fit?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Alan.

Most of these track saw's seem to be a clone of the Scheppach CS55 or visa versa and nearly all use the same track, best bet is to go into your local hardware store and browse the tracks on offer, take a picture of the track end on your phone for comparison, unless your a luddite like me and still have a Nokia 6210 that only needs charging once every three months or so.

Mike

Doug71":ko41wvz8 said:
Think most saws run on the Festool tracks, just get one of these, it will probably do all you ever need at 5m long :shock:

https://www.festool.co.uk/products/guid ... 2#Overview

Doug

That's 3.5 times what I paid for my plunge saw and track, think I will give that a miss, or I could buy three more saw's then I would have 5.6 meters of track. :lol: Oh and three spare plunge saw's

Mike

alanch9":u4b8yfyp said:
Just bought an Erbauer ERB690CSW plunge saw from Screwfix. First impressions are quite favourable given I'm a garage woodworker/amateur. However, saw only comes with max of 1400mm track (2 x 700's) and nowhere can I find extra track lengths. They seem to be selling a few of this model so are others having same query? Does anyone know if other brands track will fit?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Alan.

To be honest you should of done your homework on checking available tracks before hand.
Some people seem to be jumping straight in and buying these cheaper track saws without looking at the bigger picture.
However an option for using your 1400mm track to cut longer lengths would be to make up a parallel guide system which can be moved along the work piece, accurate set up would be critical to achieve perfect results though.

Alexfn":6h1j16ig said:
if its the same as the titan then it will fit rails made by triton
Comparing the photos of the Erbauer and the Titan the fixtures and moldings look identical so they are probably the same. They are both Screwfix 'brands' so it would make sense.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Makita and Festool tracks are both compatible, I got myself a bag to protect them and 2x rail joiners to ensure it all stays together happily

Bodgers":28wd8d8g said:
Alexfn":28wd8d8g said:
Comparing the photos of the Erbauer and the Titan the fixtures and moldings look identical so they are probably the same. They are both Screwfix 'brands' so it would make sense.

Triton or Titan? Titan, Erbauer, Scheppach, Makita and Festool are all intercompatible, Makita rails are best for the Titan saw as they allow it to lock in when set at angles.

I don't regret getting a 3m track (the 'normal' ones are 1.4m, for a 1.2m (4ft) cut. Makita rails certainly used to be much cheaper than Festool and both saws run on both sorts (see Peter Millard's videos - he uses the rails interchangeably with his TS 55s). I think mine wasn't much more than 100 quid, and a fair bit of that must have gone on the cost of the very strong transport box* (heavy MDF and softwood construction), and the carriage itself.

Your mileage may vary, but apart from getting them easily in the car and/or into awkward places, there's no advantage to short rails with joiners. The only issue I can see is looking after the rail once you own it, as they are more flexible and easily damaged than you might think. It is far faster to set up, but it is fragile - more so than I expected.

E.

*I hoped I could keep the box to store the rail, but it wasn't practical. I still haven't come up with a sensible storage arrangement - up in the attic (or across the workshop rafters) is probably the most practical. You'd think a long stiff tube would do it... until you realise you'd need probably seven metres of clear space in a line to get it out to use and then put it away again! And two (or more) short sections need to join really rigidly, otherwise the 'cure' would be worse than the 'disease': the rail would sooner-or-later get bent at one of the box's joins.

I'm sure they're safest simply hanging up from a nail, which I've seen in several places, but few of us amateurs have 3m workshop roof clearance!

curtisrider":3pcdaap4 said:
Bodgers":3pcdaap4 said:
Alexfn":3pcdaap4 said:

Triton or Titan? Titan, Erbauer, Scheppach, Makita and Festool are all intercompatible, Makita rails are best for the Titan saw as they allow it to lock in when set at angles.

Super! Thanks for all the responses and yes... should have done my homework. After looking for ages, made a snap decision, especially as Screwfix not far away! Will check out Makita and t'others but festool? Only a dream.

Cheers everyone.

Sorry, bit late to the thread. FWIW Festool tracks aren’t that much more expensive than others these days, and I do find them better than eg the Makita - more grippy, certainly. Also the lip the Makita rails have can get in the way of some of the accessories (e.g. parallel guides) so just bear that in mind. Re. track compatibility, have you tired asking Screwfix if the Erbauer and Titan tracks are compatible? Might be a question for their ‘technical’ queries, rather than regular customer services, but if anyone knows for sure, Screwfix should! P

petermillard":axymzfzd said:
Sorry, bit late to the thread. FWIW Festool tracks aren’t that much more expensive than others these days, and I do find them better than eg the Makita - more grippy, certainly. Also the lip the Makita rails have can get in the way of some of the accessories (e.g. parallel guides) so just bear that in mind. Re. track compatibility, have you tired asking Screwfix if the Erbauer and Titan tracks are compatible? Might be a question for their ‘technical’ queries, rather than regular customer services, but if anyone knows for sure, Screwfix should! P
Super thsnks. Have already emailed them ([email protected]). No technical enquiries address listed.

Have you tried the saw out yet ? I'm in need of a track saw and the erbauer looks like a very keen price

Paul

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

alanch9":1jpqmk2r said:
Super thsnks. Have already emailed them ([email protected]). No technical enquiries address listed.
Just asked the question on twitter; yes, the Erbauer saw us compatible with Makita (ergo Titan, Festool etc...) rails. Also confirmed in the Screwfix ‘Q&A’ section under the saw listing[THUMBS UP SIGN]

HTH P

Peter, you mentioned the 'grippy-ness' of the Makita track wasn't as good as the Festool ones. Do you think that's down to the spongy rubber strip or the sacrificial one at the edge of the rail?

My Makita ones started off brilliantly but now definitely don't grip as well as they did when new. Replacement sponge strips are probably in order, so I'm wondering about getting the Festool spongy ones instead of the Makita ones...

If it's the sacrificial strips, I recently bought enough to redo the whole lot, so they'll have to be Makita!

Eric The Viking":33oy81kw said:
...Do you think that's down to the spongy rubber strip or the sacrificial one at the edge of the rail?

Definitely the neoprene strips underneath - I have the Makita sacrificial strips on most of my rails as I prefer the black rubber to Festool’s translucent strip. My Makita rails have never been as grippy as my Festools, even when they were new, so no, it’s not dust, just in case anyone was thinking that!

HTH, P

My festool track is definitely more "grippy" than my parkside tracks. It doesn't really worry me too much though since I almost always use clamps.

I recently put a replacement festool cut strip on my scheppach track saw and found it to be perfect - it literally kisses the blade, but without the need for it to be cut by the blade, giving a perfectly crisp edge

Back