Erbauer Mitre Saw ERBMS10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this excellent saw from Screwfix when they were having a 'generous' moment and had reduced it to £139.99, now back to
£169.99 I see, but anyway this is a great tool to use. It has a very accurate laser to aid with cutting which can be easily adjusted. It is belt driven and 14 months later after a great deal of cutting the belt is fine with no signs of wear. It is easy to adjust for bevel cutting/mitres, has a decent clamp and good clamp sockets for various clamping positions. There is an 'end stop' for repetitive cutting jobs but that is a weak point as it can move as it is only fixed on one side with a wingut to the extension wing, it could do with being a bit more robust. In operation the saw cuts very well with the supplied Erbauer blade, no need to update it to anything else, imo. It can handle timber upto 141mm wide but by adding a couple of scraps to the saw base to raise the hieght of the workpiece you can easily cut upto 150mm x 25mm plus. As ever the dust doesn't always make it into the supplied dust bag so a vacuum or extractor is advisable. It can cut 22.5 degrees as well as the usual 0-45. It's 1300 watt motor is quite noisey but I've no complaints, very happy with it :wink:

I noted your comment re placing a piece of timber below piece being cut to extend the cutting range. Do members think it would also be OK to cut one side of a board and then reverse the board over to cut a second time coming in to previous cut?

No problem providing you are accurate with lining it up and set exactly at 90 deg. I have often done this.
Mitre or compound cuts would be a different story!

I find it quicker to raise the workpiece rather than attempt to reverse it and try and cut it, it rarely works for me :wink: The workpiece is always clamped to be safe though and when cutting planks is the quickest method I have found using a 10" mitre saw. It works well in all positions too.

devonwoody":3cpq6b9d said:
I noted your comment re placing a piece of timber below piece being cut to extend the cutting range. Do members think it would also be OK to cut one side of a board and then reverse the board over to cut a second time coming in to previous cut?

I had to do just that to cut 6x2 on the DeWalt DW711 (you can't raise the piece as the motor body gets in the way). After about 20 cuts that gag gets really old. I have to say, it's one of the main reasons we bought the Elektra Beckum 303 slider. Now thats a work of art!

Martyn

Back