Erbauer ERB2501SE (10 inch)Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if this is not the correct section for my post.

I have recently acquired the above mitre saw, second hand. I am well aware that more serious woodworkers might frown on the brand, but hopefully it will do what I want it to. However I have a problem, despite downloading the user manual I am struggling to get it set up properly . I can work the saw on its slide mechanism but cannot release the "chopsaw" function from startup, it has obviously been locked down for storage.

The drawings in the instruction manual do not clearly identify the knobs,levers catches I need to use to release the blade upwards.
I've read and reread the manual and spent ages staring at the saw from all angles releasing this ,pushing that etc all to no avail.

Can anyone offer help and advice as to how I can get the saw set up to use it ?

right hand side at the back of the blade housing where it attaches to the sliding bar there i a small (8mm) silver knob. thats the lock pin. push down on the front handle to take the pressure of it then pull it out. it's not very obvious.

If you can get it square and get a good blade in it it'll do everything you need even with the brand on the side. Don't fret that part!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded the manual when I got the saw, I just can't figure out whats what from it.

Thanks for the quick response novacaine, I've been to look where you suggest but still struggling. I can see where its got to be released I don't seem to be able to identify exactly whats needed to release it.

Try pressing the blade down slightly to release pressure on the mechanism and pull out the locking knob then it should allow blade to rise!

push down on the front handle and then pull the toggle that looks like a lawn mower starter and it should release

Figure 6. Its the part marked as number 2. It should pull out to the right away from the saw body, a peg out of a hole basically. Might need to push down on the handle slightly with your other hand as you pull it out to release the friction.

Here. :D
20200511_202108.jpg

Attachments

• 20200511_202108.jpg
    20200511_202108.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 453
Today I have a bit more time than yesterday. I have to say how impressed I am with the response to my post, within a few hours my problem solved. I didn't want to start blindly pulling this out or fiddling with that because in my case it usually means I've gone backwards not forwards. I knew where the saw needed to hinge I now realise the guide was also what was stopping it lifting up, pulling it half an inch out was all that was needed. Once again many thanks especially " novocaine"

Back