Erbauer biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
So i recently picked up an erbauer biscuit jointer but im hqving a few issues with getting the hole centralised on the stock. No matter how i i adjust the depth or reference off the bottom face of the jointer the hole always ends up near the top of the piece. I had been testing it on 12mm ply. Am i missing something?

On 12mm ply you would want the biscuit below the center line or it might 'signal' it's position onto the topface of the work piece.
I have the same joiner and like it, but recognise the limitations of the scale on the fence. I usually cut and adjust using a scrap piece of material the same thickness.
When you say reference off the bottom face, you need to rest the flat protruding fence part off of the top of the material, so the blade is below it.
Hope this helps.

Ok, ill have an experiment. I like the tool, just need a bit of practice. If i set the fence go 12mm ply and reference of this it still ends up closer to the face.

You want the top of the blade approx 4mm below the fence. Assuming it's a 4mm thick blade.

Takes a little getting used too.

Cheers James

So i recently picked up an erbauer biscuit jointer but im hqving a few issues with getting the hole centralised on the stock. No matter how i i adjust the depth or reference off the bottom face of the jointer the hole always ends up near the top of the piece. I had been testing it on 12mm ply. Am i missing something?

I'm guessing it's a new biscuit joiner, so it's 99.9% likely to be working as expected.

In 12mm ply, you will probably need to lift the plywood a little bit (e.g. using some 4mm ply or perspex). In 18mm ply, it will be roughly centre. (Don't assume that, always know what you are referencing the base off).

You mentioned "no matter how I adjust the depth" - adjusting the depth shouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the height of the cutter. It always comes out at the same height. Try it on some thicker pieces of wood to see that. For some first joints, use thicker wood. 12mm needs the workaround mentioned above.

Back