epoxy resin fillers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of drawer boxes to make which are going to be very rustic looking, lots of knots.
I need to fill these knots with a good pourable black resin or epoxy filler.
What do people use?

Not black, but I filled the knots in this brown oak using brass powder and epoxy form: -
Filler
IMG_2277.jpeg

I just dropped them a email asking for advice and they came back almost immediately.
Certainly worth an enquiry.
NB - Remember to seal the back surface of your wood if the knots go all the way through. DAMHIKT

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 165
Glynne":1d1sb5cf said:
....... Remember to seal the back surface of your wood if the knots go all the way through......

Get any old cheap filler and shove it in everywhere underneath the day before. Epoxy is just slightly thicker than water, but not much. If there is a gap, it will run out.

I bought 1kg of glasscast with a black pigment.
See how i get on with the pour, duely noted about the consistency.

We used west system epoxy recently with brass powder for a lettering infill we were producing a sample of for a client. The epoxy was a nice easy pouring consistency and with some black pigment in should give you a good result judging by our tests. Incidentally our client decided on lasercut metal lettering recessed into the timber instead in the end as they weren’t keen on the finish of the epoxy brass powder mix

Back