Quantcast

Enviromax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to visit a Windsor Chair maker. Some really nice stuff (Shaker too). Everything has a really nice finish, just the right amount of sheen.
I asked about the finish. It's a spray alcohol - based finish called Enviromax from a company called Campbell. Low VOCs, quick-drying, high build.
Campbel's website suggests that there is no UK distributor. Does anyone know what would be an equivalent product in the UK?

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you T, but I think you'll find that that is not low VOCs, it's cellulose based. The Enviromax stuff cleans up with meths.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Surely that Enviromax stuff is cellulose-based? It can't really be anything else if it's pre-cat lacquer unless there's some weird Americanisms going on.

Rich C

Established Member
Reaction score
The linked EnviroMax is not low VOC. Top 3 ingredients are all VOCs, comprising about 50% of the mixture. It's also not a meths cleanup - the PDS says it's standard thinners cleanup, which makes sense for a cellulose laquer (which it is; fourth ingredient is cellulose nitrate).

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. I guess the lady in the workshop is mistaken, either about the product they use or its eco - friendliness.