english oak coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukstew40

Reaction score
hi guys
just done a nice coffee table in English oak
what would give me the best all round finish ,
for ware and tear and shine
regards
stew

Having been robbed last week, I have just found myself a piece of oak that is so heavy it seems unreal (it's bone dry!) AND TURNED A BEAUTIFUL TRUNCHEON.( sorry, they weren't meant to be capitals , but they look good) . I've given it four coats of danish oil, and carressed it lovingly with 1000 wet & dry and home made beeswax & carnauba, so when I catch the next thief I will know that they have had the very best. I've advised swmbo not to go for the skull!.............. I wonder how many pieces of bone an x ray has shown in one hand!

phil.p":23mfn33d said:
Having been robbed last week, I have just found myself a piece of oak that is so heavy it seems unreal (it's bone dry!) AND TURNED A BEAUTIFUL TRUNCHEON.( sorry, they weren't meant to be capitals , but they look good) . I've given it four coats of danish oil, and carressed it lovingly with 1000 wet & dry and home made beeswax & carnauba, so when I catch the next thief I will know that they have had the very best. I've advised swmbo not to go for the skull!.............. I wonder how many pieces of bone an x ray has shown in one hand!

hi phil
sorry to here that thieving sprouts , they do need clubbing
danish oil it is then ,, that will work well as i have oak work tops
on the same job to treat as well ..
regards
stew

Back