• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

English box wood price reduced

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryd

Established Member
Reaction score
Now sold and in the post. Thanks to all who have expressed interest.

Offers received - no more for the moment, thank you.
English box wood, felled about ten years ago. Dry, no visible insect damage (though the bark is still on), and no visible checks or splits in the ends. It is in logs of about a foot long or slightly longer, and of diameters varying between three and four inches There is also one long branch, about 6’9”, with a diameter mostly of just under three inches. Total weight close to 25kg. Shipping by arrangement with buyer. It’s near Chipping Norton if you wanted to collect. £60.00, as a complete lot – I don’t want to subdivide it.

Attachments

• box_a.jpg
    box_a.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 852
  • biox_b.jpg
    biox_b.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 851
It's a real shame you don't want to sub-divide it and I can quite understand why. I suspect that it's probably too much timber for the 'run of the mill' sort of turning but that said it's beautiful timber that will take incredible detail. I'd like at some point to try the dark art of 'thread chasing' on the lathe and this is the ideal stuff to do it in, but I don't need the quantity on sale here. Two or three of the larger chunks would be fine - Rob

I will have this if we can sort the shipping. I have sent you a PM.

Back