Emu Apple

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughie

Established Member
Reaction score
This particular wood I doubt if its made its way to the UK, another desert timber from the central highlands of Queensland. Turns very well and polishs up with a little buffing to a high degree of finish.

6" high 5" dia with 1.5" opening, no finish just buffed, will wax it and buff it later, thought I would show its raw state to give some idea of how good this wood is.

for further info on this tree. http://www.ttit.id.au/ The sites owner is a friend of mine who has catalogued a huge number of trees from a turners perspective.

Attachments

• emu apple 001.jpg
    emu apple 001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 965
  • emu apple 002.jpg
    emu apple 002.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 965
  • emu apple 003.jpg
    emu apple 003.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 965
There's a lot of work and skill gone into that Hughie and it looks great, timber too :)

Cheers, Paul

Hells bananas! That is beautiful. How do you even begin to create something like that! Oh to have talent. :lol:
Thanks for sharing hughie.

Just reading the post title, you know its Hughie, with all those lovely exotic woods they have down under and you just know its going to be something most covetous.
No exception here either. =D>

I also enjoyed visiting Vern's site some great gadgets (egg chuck), he seems like a good egg :wink: and H&S aside i love his mates Heath Robinson bandsaw.

Fantastic, beautiful, very very clever. Is there any chance you could you could share how you made this piece.

Berns

Back