Emoticons?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, so glad I'm not the only one stuart! I was in contact with MikeK, Mod, because I too was having the same problem. I don't know if the 2 things are connected or not, but for me, my emoticons "disappeared right after the last software update. The answer (in my case anyway) was to adjust your basic screen settings. Mine was set on 100%, but now I've reset it to 80% I see the whole "top balcony" again, including the emoticons, etc.

The only problem in my case is that now, the letters are a bit too small for comfortable reading, that that MAY be to do with the fact that I'm using quite a small laptop. But as I was going to buy a big new monitor to hang on to the laptop, nit a problem for me I guess.

HTH stuart, and thanks to MikeK for "the fix".

Edit. Above is my answer to the post 1 above

Alex H

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, so glad I'm not the only one stuart! I was in contact with MikeK, Mod, because I too was having the same problem. I don't know if the 2 things are connected or not, but for me, my emoticons "disappeared right after the last software update. The answer (in my case anyway) was to adjust your basic screen settings. Mine was set on 100%, but now I've reset it to 80% I see the whole "top balcony" again, including the emoticons, etc.

The only problem in my case is that now, the letters are a bit too small for comfortable reading, that that MAY be to do with the fact that I'm using quite a small laptop. But as I was going to buy a big new monitor to hang on to the laptop, nit a problem for me I guess.

HTH stuart, and thanks to MikeK for "the fix".

Edit. Above is my answer to the post 1 above

That's not funny at all :(

Edit - on seconds thoughts , maybe it is :)

J-G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys wher've the emoticons gone????
There have been quite a number of changes to the 'Editor' Caused me some grief but over-all I think the changes are an inprovement.
There are now three extra 'menus' - accesses by clicking on the vertical 'ellipsis' (three dots) - Emoticons are under the middle one.

I used to [Edit] inserted quotations by adding new [ quote ][ /quote ] pairs but that option has gone and it took me some time and chat with MikeK to find that you can now 'split' a quote by putting the cursor at the desired break point and hitting [Return].

I'm sure there are yet other 'enhancements' that I've yet to discover :rolleyes:

[EDIT] - I posted this before I'd read the post by AES!! 😖

Last edited: