Emco Rex 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've just joined today as I've been on the lookout for a planer thicknesser. I've recently inherited an old Emco Rex 2000 which has seen better days, the feed tables are rusty and the feed mechanism itself doesn't work as the little plastic assembly of gears has worn out, causing the flat drive belt to keep slipping. One of the gears has a metal collar insert and that has also become detached so it's currently only any good as a planer.

I've seen that you can buy the gear assembly new online from around £80 if I recall but it is worth repairing? are these considered good? or should I stick with my plan to get hold of an elektra/perform/axminster replacement?

I'm not looking at major amounts of work, or huge bits of timber, just home woodworking stuff, shelves tables etc.

Thanks

Definitely worth repairing!! $160 cdn, I may purchase a set of gears just for spare..
And if you can post an address for the shop I can order from, that would be great!!
Ps,, my Rex has been a work horse since I found her in a barn sale years ago....

Latest posts

Back