Elu PS 174

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Elu PS 174 that was in our set building studio hasn't been used too much. I have now brought it out to use and the sliding head is very, very stiff. I have tried lubrication but it is still very tight. Has anyone got one of these. Is there anything obviously wrong, before I get the spanners out ? Thanks Geoff

Hello Geoff,

I have had one of those for years and would say that it has either been dropped and bent the two sliding rods or it has just become gummed up with old saw dust and resin.

When you remove the head from the rods be careful to drift out the small pin before you undo the big flat head screw, ( it is located in a groove in the screw itself, you get to it through a hole in the grey cover next to the screw ) then the head will pull off.

I would be supprised if a good clean does not sort it out as they are great little saws.

Cheers, Merlin

Thanks Merlin I will give that a try. I don't think it has been dropped or bent but it is possible as I didn't have my eye on it all the time. It does seem really solid and well made. I have had Elu routers for years as well and they are still perfect..I will post an update as I progress. Thanks again for the reply. Geoff

Back