Elu planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to get some spares for an Elu 1901 planer thicknesser? I bought a damaged one, and ideally, need one blade retaining wedge and a fence.
I've got metalworking facilities, so have cobbled up replacements, but the originals would save time and probably look better!
(The machine is regarded as obsolete by de Walt, so their agents can't help) [/b]

Hi Dick
Sorry, can't help at all, but I just wanted to say how annoying it is when manufacturer's stop supplying spares. It's as if they are prepared to keep spares while the machines are newish, but the moment they get a bit elderly (when spares are most likely to be required) they simply say, Oh, It's Osolete, Sorry Mate.
I have an AEG ROS which needs a new base. The machine itself is fine, but the velco is worn out. My local tool shop told me that AEG sold the tool business to Atlas Copco, who operated all spares out of Belgium, and they now have sold it on to Ryobi and they can't get spares at all!
So for the sake of a £20 spare part I have to buy a new ROS £50 - £150. I'm not happy. For the time being I've superglued some new velcro onto the base, but it's a bodge. If I could get 1/2" rubber sheet it wouldn't be too difficult to turn one, actually. Any ideas for suppliers, anyone?

When I went to Venice a few years ago, I visited a glass place in Murano. They guaranteed to be able to supply replacement glasses for sets for at least 50 years, perhaps tool manufacturers should take a leaf out of their books. (Yes I know there is the issue of whether they are going to be around in 50 years - but some of these companies were donkey's years old, so it has some credibilty).
Best of luck.
Steve

Hi Dick,

Welcome to the site. Although you've spoken to DW agents, have you contacted DW direct, in Slough? Worth a try. Also if you can post a picture and/or machine details there might be a chance that one of the lesser manufacturers still have the design (or recently had it) in production.

Noel

Am looking for the aluminium strip that holds the blade in place on my ELU 1901 Planer Thicknesser.The piece has four small bolts for tightening the blade and three allan screws for height adjustment.

Hi Dick
Sorry, can't help at all, but I just wanted to say how annoying it is when manufacturer's stop supplying spares. It's as if they are prepared to keep spares while the machines are newish, but the moment they get a bit elderly (when spares are most likely to be required) they simply say, Oh, It's Osolete, Sorry Mate.
I have an AEG ROS which needs a new base. The machine itself is fine, but the velco is worn out. My local tool shop told me that AEG sold the tool business to Atlas Copco, who operated all spares out of Belgium, and they now have sold it on to Ryobi and they can't get spares at all!
So for the sake of a £20 spare part I have to buy a new ROS £50 - £150. I'm not happy. For the time being I've superglued some new velcro onto the base, but it's a bodge. If I could get 1/2" rubber sheet it wouldn't be too difficult to turn one, actually. Any ideas for suppliers, anyone?

I've eyed up my daughter's yoga mat for just that sort of purpose...
Closed cell foam; slightly squidgy but reasonably firm

Back