Elu planer thicknesser feed rollers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Help please!!

I've just changed the infeed roller on this old but reliable machine. I've reset the tension spring to the same place but on the trial piece it turned the timber through 90 degrees! Clearly something is not right.

Does anyone have the setting instructions for this machine please, or does anyone know how to set the pressure on these rollers.

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

I can't help but but interested as I could do with replacing the infeed roller on my Elu EPT1151. If there is nothing in the Elu manual then it might be worth looking at the black and decker or dewalt manuals that were direct replacements of these machines.

Changing the roller was very straight forward. Just count the turns to remove the nuts on the springs, put the new roller in, making sure it goes into the drive sprocket and replace the bolts, springs and nuts. Just the tension to sort. It may be that yours will be tensioned correctly when you replace it. Good luck

My guess is that the roller isn't set parallel to the bed, try putting a piece of timber underneath one side of the bed under the roller and rise the bed till it just touches the roller and move it to the other side of the bed, it'll either get tighter or looser and that'll show the roller isn't parallel.

I've got no experience with these machines but normally this can be adjusted.

Thank you! I think you’re right, but not sure how to adjust it. I’ll have a look tomorrow!

Kind regards

Kevin

I was thicknessing some 20 mm wide oak strips today and they were always being pushed to one side (I haven't noticed this with wider stock). This is probably due to uneven tension so I would be tempted to incrementally tighten or slacken one side or the other till it feeds the stock straight.

Latest posts

Back