Elu planer thicknesser copy instructions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just been given a elu planer thicknesser model EPT1151. Don't suppose anyone has any instructions for this model. I know what you do with one( put rough wood in one end , nice new wood comes out the other end), I just don't know how to set the knives level and flat etc. Also cos its an oldish machine, the feed rollers (think thats what they are called) are a little worn.The rubber has thinned abit in the middle of the roller. They still feed the wood thru' so are these needing replacing or is it the knives being set up right the most important area to get right

Hello tsb. Yes I sort of have the instructions to this although it is the EPT 1161 model I have, but I think they are similar. I do have them on a PDF file if you want them PM me your e-mail and I will attach them for you. :wink:

Thankyou for all your time and trouble with the instructions and information re buying blades. As always on this site, my problems have been sorted. Happy New Year to you

Hi

Does anyone have the pdf manual for the Elu EPT1511

If anyone could help me I'd be most grateful . I've just bought a 15 year old elu EPT1151 which needs some TLC . The beds are not aliened properly and the knives set crooked to compensate . I'm pretty sure the beds can be realigned but don't have the manual.

Please help me get this old beast weiring again

Folks,

This planer is virtually identical (i.e. repackaged) to the Dewalt 733s (the 's' is important).

If you go to the Dewalt website, you can download the parts and operations manual (or, at least, you could a few weeks ago).

Jim

Hi everyone i have just purchased a EPT 1161 and don't have instructions i was wondering if someone could send me a copy it owuld be much appreciated

glen

Worn feed rollers.
I used to have one of these planer thicknesers and changed the out-feed roller at least once. I seem to recall it was a matter of winding down the tension spring nut under the plastic bearing block until the nut came off. [If you do not have the instructions on how to correctly tension the roller remember to count the turns] I think I got away with with undoing just the one side and this gave enough clearance to remove the old roller and slide in the replacement.
Fair to say I could be getting the directions mixed up with how I changed the roller on my Elektra/Metabo 333.

Colin

Folks,

If you look on the Dewalt UK site, you can find the manual for the Dewalt DW733S (the "s" is important), which is very similar, if not identical.

Barring that, I have an old PDF floating around for the 1151, though it's about 7mb.

Despite having replaced the rollers, I still like this machine.

Hi,

I have recently acquired an EPT1151 and it needs a bit of work (replace a roller, set the tables so they are coplanar). I have been able to get the DeWalt instructions for the 733S but I was wondering if someone would be able to send me a copy of the original Elu instructions?

Thanks,

H.

Hello tsb. Yes I sort of have the instructions to this although it is the EPT 1161 model I have, but I think they are similar. I do have them on a PDF file if you want them PM me your e-mail and I will attach them for you. 😉
I’m in the same boat trying to work out it’s features but came with no manual as it’s second hand

Back