ELU MH165 circular saw cable replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Russell

Established Member
Reaction score
Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question but I thought it could be the most appropriate.
My daughter's late husband had an Elu MH165 circular saw. The power cable needs replacing, an easy job, or so I thought. The electrics are no problem; getting to the connections in the handle is. Looking at the parts diagram the handle (containing the on off switch) is held together by screws. I expected that once these were removed the handle would come apart to give access to the electric connectors. But something else is holding it together. I can spring the lower grip apart but the handle remains fixed at what appears to be a c 12mm round flat plastic grommet that covers the join in the handle at the lower front. There is no obvious way to remove this other than brute force and some leverage which makes me think that is not the way.
Does anyone know how this handle comes apart to access the switch and so be able to repair the cable?
All help appreciated.
Thank you, Phil

A few pics might help. Otherwise, ensure there are no screws hidden under labels, then tap a punch into the middle of the grommet and lever it off sideways.

You’ll obviously damage the grommet, but if its only purpose is obstructing repair then it serves no earthly use.

No hidden screws I can see ... daft answer that isn't it as if I could see them they would not be hidden!. Maybe the term grommet is wrong. It is hard plastic possibly with a mushroom head that sits flush with the two handle halves. With all screws removed it seems as if the half handle is now only held at the 'grommet' end. There must be a knack to doing this ...
Cheers, Phil

Back