ELU mff80 Planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agumdoo

Reaction score
Hi
I bought my Elu planer back in the 1980s. The drum is now damaged and the blades tend to snap as they are not held tight over there whole length. The feature I liked most was its rebate capability up to 7/8 perfect for storm proof sashes and exterior door weather bar rebate.
Can anyone recommend a replacement. It does not have to last as long as the Elu because I won't.
Thanks
Eric

You can probably pick another Elu one up off eBay for a fair price (Probably around £30-50) if you wanted to get another Elu.

If you want a new one I think you can't do much better than the DeWalt D26500K, seriously stout machine (quite heavy!) with an 82mm blade width, 4mm depth of cut possible with the power to back it up, 26mm rebating capabilities and the setting knob is very accurate too. Most machines like your Makita, Bosch and even Festool won't do an inch deep rebate, most of them will barely do a 10mm one, so the Dewalt beats them for that. Not the cheapest machine at around £220 but it is quite well made in my opinion and will last a long time, even if you don't :wink:

Thanks. l think eBay might be a good idea and I will have loads of spares. I'll let you know how I get on. Eric

Latest posts

Back