Elu EPT 1901

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baycott

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for accepting me on your forum.
I have been given the above planer/thicknesser and have a couple of questions regarding it.
Does anybody have a digital copy of the user instructions I could have/buy?
I'm particularly after the extraction system. I can't work out where the dust is extracted from.
If anybody has one I would really appreciate a picture of the extraction point.

TIA
John

I know it's an old one but I have got this planer working well after fitting new knives and a sprocket but would really appreciate some help in the dust/shavings extraction system.

Thanks
John

http://service.dewalt.co.uk/PDMSDocuments/EU/Docs//docpdf/ade80_uk.pdfHad a look around for you and this was the only thing I could find really but it does include the line as below. Not brilliantly helpful sorry, Ian
Ps probably the easiest way is to use it and see where the shavings come out from.

F89AFC67-F736-44F2-80DC-D60BEBF2FB1D.png

That's very helpful Ian. Thanks very much
I had a look around but didn't think to look for a different model :rolleyes:

Hi All, I have also just purchased an elu 1901, it seems in reasonable condition but it didn’t have any instructions with it, unsurprisingly after 31 yrs! The feed table for the planer has a handle rather than rotating knob and I can’t move it and don’t want to apply too much pressure, just wondered if anyone can explain how it is meant to function? Thanks for any advice..

Hi all and thanks for accepting me on your forum.
I have been given the above planer/thicknesser and have a couple of questions regarding it.
Does anybody have a digital copy of the user instructions I could have/buy?
I'm particularly after the extraction system. I can't work out where the dust is extracted from.
If anybody has one I would really appreciate a picture of the extraction point.

TIA
John
Hi John,
I have just recently purchased the same model. Did you manage to source an instruction manual anywhere? Looking to get it up and running but would like to understand operation before hand.
Thanks
Will

The feed table for the planer has a handle rather than rotating knob and I can’t move it and don’t want to apply too much pressure, just wondered if anyone can explain how it is meant to function? Thanks for any advice..

The long ribbed handle under the infeed is on a threaded rod, if you twist it, that will move the infeed table up and down to adjust the depth of cut.

Back