Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Elu EBS 3401 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Robbiechatts

Reaction score
Good morning all, and thanks to all who advised me on my Kity machine.

I am with my begging bowl again....I have bought an Elu bandsaw 3401 it works, but has no manual....but I have worked with bandsaws so I think I am okay. I have had to strip the table section out as the blade guides were stiff and two guides were missing.
What I am troubled about is the speed it is running at. It is a 750-watt motor that is slow....I am not sure if it is a two-speed machine, I can see there is an option to move the motor, and there is a second pully that I could move the drive belt over..but I would like to know from YOU experts out there before I do it...

Thank...Rob

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I had one of those years ago. Maybe over 30 years ago. Smashing little machines. My bro still has mine and it is as good as the day I bought it.
If yours has two different pulleys on the lower wheel, that is what they are for - different speeds. The smaller pulley will give the greater speed.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob

From memory, ( we sold Elu and DeWalt many years ago ) and though I might be mistaken this bandsaw was identical to the DeWalt 3401.

I used to have the variable speed DeWalt 3501 version and still have the manual which covers both the 2 speed and variable speed on a pdf. If you think it might help just pm me with your email address and I'll get it to you pronto.

Bob

Attachments

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll send it tonight Rob but would suggest you edit your post and remove your email address. Never a good idea to put it on an open forum