Elu E4001 Dovetail Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My good friend Keith ;) is giving me a Elu E40001 dovetail jig which he never uses.

Im just interested to see if anyone uses one or has used one before to get a bit of knowledge before it arrives.

Im hoping to use my small Bosch 1/4 POF 500 A Router with it as my DW 625 EK is in my table.

Thanks everyone and thanks again Keith

Jase

Hi Jase,

I don't know what an Elu E40001 jig looks like, but I have a pof 500a that I use with my Trend jig, the old one. The jig uses a guide bush and I bought the Trend Uni base, this looks like a slice of swiss cheese it has holes in to allow it to fit on to lots of different routers, then the Trend guide bushes fit onto it. Works a treat and the little router copes OK for both 1/4" and 1/2" dovetails.

Hi Dave

Thanks very much. I have the uni base which i used on my Large DW 625 EK and have a load of bushes. Is there a smaller uni base ? or do you just use the standard large one?

I would have thought it was a bit big for the small Bosch, could be wrong just guessing.

This is the one i have, is this the one that fits on your Bosch dave?
http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/de ... SE&ID=1779

Thanks again

Jase

Pretty sure there's only the one size of Unibase. I guess you could trim it once you have it screwed on and use a pattern / flush bit in another router.

Noel

Hi again,

Noel is right there is only one uni base. 8) I have not trimmed mine, having a bigger base make the router more stable, the only time I can think of needing to trim it is if your working in a tight corner. There is no need to trim on the Trend jig. :lol:

Thanks Dave

Which Trend jig do you have, i know you said the old one but which model ?

Jase

Jase,

Having just rummaged out a Trend catalogue, mine is a DJ300.

Having looked at the pictures in the catalogue :D do you have a fine height adjuster?
The pof 500 doesn't come with one, I bought the Trend one and had an adaptor made so I can use it on the Bosch. 8)
Its very useful for getting the joint just snug. :wink:

I have an adjuster but not on the Bosch, it's on my table. Will have to manage without :cry:

A question for everyone really, i want the jig just for doing dovetails in 12mm Birch ply which will be drawers. Will it be ok dovetailing Ply ??

Jase

Well I made draws for our Hi Fi cabinet, pine fronts the rest of te draw 3/8" ply. I did not post pictures of just the draws but look at this for a draw in the unit.

It works OK but you need good ply without voids in or it will go pear shaped. :roll:

Back