Elu/DeWalt 1251 Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArferMo

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a regular biannual topic looking back through the forum.

My question appears not to be answered. I have just acquired an Elu 1251 and am wondering exactly where the reset switch box is meant to go.

There are two holes that match the diagonal of the box at the rear of the base frame. Mounted on that the reset box sticks out towards the rear. Ideally, I feel, it should be inside the base frame for protection but haven't properly tried it yet as the power cord seems a bit short. Is anyone able to give me a definitive - 'it goes here' answer, please?

IMG_20200627_161404.jpg

The reset box. Now you say "I haven't got that on mine!" :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_161404.jpg
    IMG_20200627_161404.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Hi all. Newbie here.

Hope you don't min d me jumping into this thread with my own ELU question.

I just bought an old ELU 1251, but it has no work table, and I'm going to make one.

Can anyone give me the length/breadth dimensions for the various sections, please?

Hi Polly, I'm a new here too. I've answered in the thread you've started.

And coming back to my box - I think it is responsible for also slowing the saw down after power off ; all UK saws should stop completely in 10 secs after power down.

ArferMo":284tl6dz said:

And coming back to my box - I think it is responsible for also slowing the saw down after power off ; all UK saws should stop completely in 10 secs after power down.

.......Mine most certainly does not stop within 10 seconds....Perhaps you're right.

I wonder what year that function was introduced? As I said, my 1251 was made in 1993.

Distinterior":2pqf7bz0 said:
ArferMo":2pqf7bz0 said:

.......Mine most certainly does not stop within 10 seconds....Perhaps you're right.

I wonder what year that function was introduced? As I said, my 1251 was made in 1993.
Well mine has Elu branding. And Elu sold out to DeWalt in 1993. I think the 1251 was manufactured from the 80s and carried on by DeWalt after takeover. But if my machine was used in a workplace in its past history it perhaps may have been adapted to meet Health & Safety regulations.
On the bright side for you, you can safely use a dado head or a cutter block. On my machine the heavy mass of those items would tend to unscrew the spindle nut as it decelerates rapidly.

Latest posts

Back