Elu DB180 Wood Turning Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all i have seen the Elu DB180 Wood Turning Lathe on e.bay do you think this would make a good starter lathe for me bear in mind i have not a clue about lathes budget is also limited ..............Roger

I have had mine for over 25 years. It is brilliant bolted down to a really heavy bench. I have added extra cast alloy heavy tool posts and rests. It takes auto 4 jaw chuchs as well as a pair of Craft supplies chucks. !4" table tops, deep bowls and vases to lace bobbin spindles. I would not get rid of mine, even though I have the use or a long bed and bowl head Graduates. It cost me £149 at a wood show and I picked it up from a shop outside London on the way home in a VW Polo.

Not sure if Elu are still going but they were a Swiss company and their stuff is good solid machinery. I have a 20 year old chop saw that was used on a building site until I got it and it is still working fine. Go for it.

Pete

Back