ELU DAH Planer thicknesser feed rollers reconditioning or replacements

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasdair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there still in the process of reconditioning an ELU DAH176. So far having problems sourcing knives but hopefully one of the emails I sent will be lucky. The alloy base plate that the wood runs on is badly scored. Looks like some silly person fed wood with nails through it. Should be able to fill the scores with epoxy filler and sand down
Next problem is the feed rollers. They look pretty cracked and perished. Is there a way to recon the rubber or does anyone know who might recon them? I doubt replacements are available. They should last a while but don't want to spend a fortune on the machine and then not be able to find new rollers.
Any help welcome
Alasdair

Alasdair,
here's one for ya.....
https://www.kvrollers.com/contact.htm
u r looking for rubber print roller repairs........there are a few.....
BUT it's now a dying trade since the uk do not print much fabric anymore....
The firm I used a few years ago was near Oxford I think...certainly west of London......

I replaced the face covering of the segmented feed rollers on my old Wadkin P/T...they didn't really grip the wood .....
I asked for white rubberised roller covers.....it's not really rubber any more but some sort of Polymer.....
The process for mine was to turn off the segments from the rollers....
now this will be the same as ur's except for the old rubber coverings...
They use several different density of materials to build up the roller and the last white rubber is then machined after they have heat cured it....
seem to remember about £50 for mine but it was around 20" long.....

hope this helps....

Many thanks for the reply. The originals are not available anymore and judging by other parts prices I would be cheaper bying a new machine. The rubber on mine is still intact but showing signs of cracking and stress. They should be ok for a while but as said don't want to spend a fortune on parts and realise I cant get rollers. Will look into rubber print roller repairs. Mine are 210mm (8.3") so hopefully shouldnt be too costly
Many thanks
Alasdair

Back