Elu Collection MFF81

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaycee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

My Elu collection is coming along very nicely. Just bought a brand new, unused MFF81 planer, still in its cardboard box. I would like to buy the metal case for it but not much chance of that methinks. I understand there is a thicknesser attachment for this plane. does anyone know about this or have one for sale please.

Cheers Kev.

Hi Andy

Thanks for contacting me. Tried to reply to your email but keeps failing. Would be most grateful if you don't mind digging it out for me. Never seen one, but sounds like it might be ideal for me. Have you ever used it and if so what do you reckon on it.

Cheers Kev

Can see why you might want a "proper" case for appearance sake, but not sure it's worth it! My MFF comes in the correct sickly orange-yellow, very robust, case, but there are no proper fittings inside the case to hold the planer, so it just rattles around. And with the dust bag on, it doesn't quite fit. Unless originality is really important, my recommendation would be to make a dedicated wooden case :D

Oh, yes, and PS - the guy I bought it off passed me a forged tenner as change. Very embarrassing when I innocently tried to use it in the local shop :oops:

Hi Kev, sorry about the delay in getting back to you but I found it! Will post some pics of the thicknesser if you're interested.

As for cases, yep it's a metal box but mine has a plastic insert to keep everything in it's place. Works well too.

Cheers

Andy

P1000467.jpg

One photo!

Andy

Attachments

• P1000467.jpg
    P1000467.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 72
Back