Elu 96e router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awkwood

Established Member
Reaction score
The bearings on my Elu 96e router have have gone tight today

Does anyone know the actual numbers for the top and bottom bearings, not just the part numbers and then i can get some on order

Agree with Bob - Miles is (are?) the way to go. My Elu MOF98 is around 30 years old and on its fifth set of bearings!

Hi
I'm doing my vintage 96 (stamped 1977)
Top bearing 608 RS
bottom bearing 6003 RS
the instruction booklet says ZZ which I don"t think has the rubber seal
Stick with German or japanese made
Matt

Shrubby":390stxyd said:
Hi
I'm doing my vintage 96 (stamped 1977)
Top bearing 608 RS
bottom bearing 6003 RS
the instruction booklet says ZZ which I don"t think has the rubber seal
Stick with German or japanese made
Matt

ZZ or 2Z means two metal seals. Metal seal bearing have a higher top speed but let in more dust than RR or 2R.

Bob

Bob correctly mentioned the metal seals, but there is an additional factor that may be of interest to others.
Checking the manufacturers details on bearings reveals that there are different classes of bearing for different speeds!
Some cheaper ones have an upper limit substantially lower than that produced by some routers.

Roy.

I have fitted new bearings today, ( the rubber seal type)

I have now found out the variable speed unit has burnt out , so i'm going to try to find one for spares

If i cant find one then i will have to buy a new dewalt 615, but the one i have now, has stripped the threads in the base plate. I hope the quality has improved in the last few years since i bought it

Back