Elliott Progress 16 pillar drill - any owners or any info?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will M

Reaction score
Evening, I'm fairly new to this forum and rather than gatecrash someone else's thread on this drill I thought I'd start a new one.

Basically I'm just looking for any info or any thoughts on this pillar drill. I picked mine up recently, covered in rust and at least two or three repaints, but actually in pretty decent working condition otherwise. I've stripped almost everything down and had some great results soaking the various components in evapo-rust, and cleaning off the paint in preparation for yet another repaint.

What I haven't been able to do is remove the belt wheels from either the motor or the drill itself - I guess a gear puller is required? I also haven't been able to remove the spindle, partly because I don't want to remove the spring and not be able to get it back in! None of this is really a problem, as it is currently operating very smoothly, it just makes it hard/impossible to spray the parts around the depth stop.

Finally, I haven't been able to extract the pillar from the base, but I suppose this is just a matter of lacking the required brute force!

I've looked on the lathes website and there isn't much more than brochure, so wondering if anyone else has any insights on what seems to be a slightly less common model?

Back