Elektram Beckum HC333 / Metabo ADH310 spares - gear wheels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDRiley

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a second hand EB HC333 planer thicknesser. Due to catastrophic operator error two of the (plastic) gear wheels that ultimately drive the infeed and outfeed rollers are now missing large sections of teeth. I have tried repairing by reattaching the broken pieces with epoxy (Araldite) but it failed again first time I switched the machine on. I have also had no luck sourcing spares as all of the usual sources say the machine is long since discontinued and those spares are no longer available.

The parts I am after are generally listed as:
  • 7247017342 -
    GEARWHEEL Z=80/M=1,5 Z=15/T=8
    FLAT BELT PULLEY RDA 160XRDI 16/16,8 MIT
I have also tried sourcing the equivalent parts from the Metabo ADH310 which appears to use much of the same components as the HC333 but again no luck.

My question is:
  1. Does anyone have (or know where I might be able to find) either of the above machines being broken for spares?
  2. Does anyone have any better ideas about how to repair my current broken pieces?
Many thanks

Norris

Hi galleywood, many thanks for posting those. Unfortunately I've been down that line with those guys (and numerous others in the UK and Germany). Notwithstanding what it says on their websites re stock they do not carry the items I'm after. I guess they don't update the websites that often with accurate stock levels. I even got to the stage of placing orders and paying over my money on a couple of occassions only to receive an email from the supplier the following day to say the item was not in stock (togther with an immediate refund).

A coupel of suppliers made equiries with EB/Metabo direct and were told that the part was no longer available and there was not a viable alternative from a different model.

I got the distinct impression (maybe wrong) that none of the suppliers actually hold any stock themselves but rather try to order in from EB/Metabo as and when they receive any orders. As EB/Metabo no longer have any stock then none of the suppliers can get them either.

Back