Elektra Bekum 316g

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a metalworking lathe, and a nice looking one too, how could you not take that, I could not walk away from that, I would make room somewhere, opportunities like this do not happen very often?
I also have a Festool track saw which is great, the 2 tracks hang on the back of the door, and the saw under the router table, when you only have a small workshop you soon learn how to fit things in and save room, I am constantly reorganising my space to fit new or upgraded machines in, think castors?

Last edited:
I am so clueless about lathes. It could be worth £10 or £1000.
Could I use it for wood? Don't really do metal. I could I suppose...
Maybe I should make her an offer she doesn't really know anything about the machines either, blind leading the blind

Yeah all my workshop stuff will be on castors once I build it.
Martin

Ive had that bandsaw for what seems like decades, It will out live you as long as you don't over tighten any of the screws on the casting that adjusts the upper bearings its about the only part that's no longer replaceable, all bearings are standard size, 88 inch blade, grow into it for a bit and then get a fence from Axminster, you will love it

Well I have been to the treasure trove and returned with 4 items, which was 3 more than originally planned.

Elektra Bekum 316g bandsaw
Wickes extractor
Chester mini lathe
Festool random orbital sander

I will take some pictures of the bandsaw and post on here once I have taken it out of the van, but that will need to wait for the weekend when I can enroll some help getting it out. I managed to get the bandsaw into my van on my own today to bring it home but it was uber heavy and I don't want to try that again.

Here are some (rubbish) pictures as it was dark when I got back:
IMG_20211130_131448.jpg

IMG_20211130_131443.jpg

IMG_20211130_162438.jpg

IMG_20211130_162501.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with that.

I will put some more pictures up once I have them in the light

Martin

Back