Elektra Bekum 316g or RP sabre 250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picalilli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - got a possible chance to get an elektra bekum 316g for £250

I’m after a starter bandsaw, probably just for rips in hardwood around an inch thick and maybe a bit of resawing.

I was looking at saving up for the RP sabre 250 (buying new) which would be around £430 without a stand I think. What’s the advice? I can’t find many reviews of the 316g and wonder how it would compare, given the money saving. Am I best off holding off for the RP machine, rather having quality over power because as I say, not going to be used for huge jobs.

Thanks I’m advance

I have an Elektra Bekum 316 and have found it to perfect for my needs. I have had it for 18 years and it has done a lot of work. I have replaced the bearings on the lower wheel. I run it with Tuffsaw blades. Would recommend it.

Thanks - I’m tempted but I have no idea whether £250 is a good price or not. EBay seems to have some going for 400 and some for 150, so hard to tell, and not a lot of reviews etc online. Can’t even seem to find them sold new.

I think £250 is a good price (depending on condition).
I bought my 316 about 5 years ago, for £200.
I have replaced the guide bearing blocks etc - bought this kit Blade Guide Upgrade Kit For - Elektra Beckum BAS 315 & 316 Bandsaws.

Tuffsaws blades.
Homemade fence - Steve Maskery design.

Align the fence to the mitre slot - adjust table and tracking to give a parrallel rip cut - using a homemade 'bandsaw buddy'.

It works well and I enjoy using it.

New ones are from Metabo.

Back