• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Elektra Beckum PKF255

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sporky McGuffin

Light entertainer
Reaction score
Hello all - had this about eight years I think. Bought it with ideas of making furniture, but it turns out I like making small things so I've gone back to a Bosch site saw. This is a very capable machine though, sliding table and a carriage assembly, plus a home-made router table that goes on the back (and will take a standard sized router insert or the Axminster router lift - neither included). Includes a small extension table. The whole thing breaks down into bits that require at most two people to carry, and will fit into a decent sized estate car with the back seats down. Workshop is up two flights of outdoor steps; I'm happy to help load but you'll need to carry half of it!

Fully working, but missing two things - a bolt to fix the outrigger stay to the main body, and the end clamp for the sliding table that holds long things in place. I'll include a barely-used Axminster blade (48T if I remember correctly).

I believe the going rate for these is around £650 without the router table bit; happy with £600 collected from Headley Down (near Hindhead, between Farnham and Haslemere in East Hampshire). More photos available on request; it is currently back in bits as it takes up too much space otherwise. I'd consider a part or full swap against a good router table. For clarity this is not the V8 version with the scoring blade.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 103
Hi,

Really interested in this - do you have any dimensions please? Space in the single garage workshop is my biggest concern!

Not to hand, but I can certainly get them - give me a few minutes...

It does depend a bit on how assembled it is - the sliding table bit can be taken off and put on by one person (I'm not particularly strong) so you can partly pack it away. The extension/router table slides off easily, and the carriage is removable and only needed for cross cutting really long boards or cutting sheets. I'll see if I can give you some useful dimensions as well as just the total footprint.

Okey doke - I might do a drawering of this if it doesn't make sense. Also to confirm the blade that is included is a 40T Axcalibre Premium in very good condition.

The base unit (which includes a wheeled base that is included in the sale), standing at the sliding table, is 78cm wide, 66cm deep, and 96cm tall. The wheel brakes and the brackets for the carriage rail add 26cm to that depth, low down. The NVR switch adds 12cm to the width.

The sliding table is 185cm long; it does not increase the depth of the saw. The carriage is 60cm deep, and the carriage rail (the bit with the black and yellow warning tape) is 202cm long. The tape is factory fit, because that rail hurts if you walk into it.

The router table is 32cm deep, but can be completely detached (the sub-rails it sits on slide off).

Let me know if anything isn't clear and I'll do a little sketch.

I’ve done some measuring and just want to check I’ve understood the dimensions, first drawing is the saw in its minimum possible size - no sliding table no carriage. Second is with the sliding table and third is with the carriage and the sliding table.

Have I got it right? I’ve left the router table off for simplicity

Thanks
B8F84CB3-E209-46A4-87DF-F9CE8F6F8308.jpeg
6E8916CD-F409-4289-8AED-961A210AEF3D.png
FC63C989-C425-4953-8792-A0148DDAF17C.png

Would it be possible to come and take a look? I am only a short blast through the Hindhead tunnel in Shackleford (subject to fuel acquisition!!)
Nathan.

I’ve done some measuring and just want to check I’ve understood the dimensions, first drawing is the saw in its minimum possible size - no sliding table no carriage. Second is with the sliding table and third is with the carriage and the sliding table.

Have I got it right? I’ve left the router table off for simplicity

ThanksView attachment 119093

Right apart from this last one - the carriage rail sits further right - just to the left of the edge of the sliding table. Perhaps 10cm out from the left hand edge of the base. The first picture in the first post is almost straight-on and I hope shows that.

Also a note that the sliding carriage can be fixed pretty much anywhere along the sliding table, though there's a goldilocks zone near the middle that gives the most travel.

And yes, fine with interested parties coming and having a look, subject to what I think are normal sensible practices - not if you're ill or your family are ill, just one visitor at a time, and - for want of any fairer approach - it's not sold until it's sold, and once it's sold it's sold (at which point I'll update here and let everyone know). If that does sound grossly unfair and there's a better approach please do let me know!

I can build it up in advance of a visit if required, but it might be more informative to start with it in bits and go through assembly - it's not hard, but there are a few "which way 'round does this go?" bits.

Appreciate I wasn't first interested party - and happy to step aside should anyone ahead of me want it.

Will message re. visiting to take a look.

Nathan.

Latest posts

Back