Elektra beckum PKF 255

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Bagwell, to tighten the fence in place there should be a long thread just under the fence (on the operator's side) which when tightened will guarantee the fence square. Then there is a turning handle at the end of the fence (again on the operator's side) which will tighten the far end of the fence so it doesn't move when you're cutting.

I find the fence very good once you have ensured the graduation is in the right place. I am fully relying on the scale and it's spot on every time.
One thing I do when moving the fence is hold it back towards me thus parallel to the blade before tightening the thread. This insures that the fence does not move at all when tightening. You'll understand when you do it on your table :wink:

For the sliding carriage. I am not sure I have the best way to have it, but here is how I set mine up.
The bottom rail which the carriage runs on is approximately centered to the side of the table, I have the angle support fixed on the front of the table. Because of that the bottom rail is a little longer at the front of the table, but just enough so that the angle support can reach the end of it. Also, ultimately the reach of the sliding carriage will dictate where the support rail have to be. So it depends where you place the sliding carriage on the saw.
It's not easy to explain and everything is ajustable so imagine what type of jobs you'll be doing the most and see if the carriage in one position will give you enough space (cutting lenght) to do it.
I can send pictures if you'd like.

If you have any other questions fire away.

Back