Elektra Beckum PKF 255 V8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
After a long search for the right table saw I have finally made a choice and blew my budget out for the Elektra Beckum PKF 255 V8.

I haven't started any project with it yet, but my first impressions are very very good. It feels solid and heavy resulting in no vibration when starting and using it. The sliding table is very smooth and the induction motor is like music to my hears 8). Setting the rip fence is easy and very accurate, you lock the front to the correct lenght and secure the back of the fence to ensure straightness and stability for your cut.
Raising and lowering the blade is also very smooth and accurate. Not to forget the scoring blade which can be raised/lowered from the table top. The 2 blades run independently, if you are not using the scoring blade it doesn't get switched on automatically with the main one.

I haven't got experience in writing a review but if anyone wants to hear about a particular feature of the saw I'll gladly go hands on and give a good report. Also I'll update this thread as I use the tool with real projects.

One aspect I found not so good: to access the blade and change it you need to remove the entire sliding table (which is very heavy). Once this is done you shift aside a cover panel which is held by clever hinges (nice touch) and can easily change the blade.
If someone knows how to do this without having to remove the sliding table I would love to hear it :idea:

CYC, enjoying every cut I make with this table saw :lol:

CYC, how easy is it to get the sliding table back in alignment after changing the blade?, I have the smaller brother, the PK200, with sliding table and getting the slide true takes time and patience.

It would be a swine if the big saw was just as picky, especially if you do have to remove the slide to change blade. At least with my saw I don't have to do that.

Graham, the sliding table is held in place by 4 big hand tighteners (like bolts with a handle). Those bolts fit into large metal brackets on the main carcass which you can setup to align the sliding table. This means that every time you place the sliding table back on you are guaranteed it is in the same place fitting in those metal brackets. So far the factory setup of those brackets seems fine.
My sliding table is the 1800mm and is heavy, it's a good thing when using it as it feels very solid and smooth, but not as pleasant when removing it :wink:

How is accessing the blade done on the PK200, from a plate on the top of the blade?

The blade is changed by removing the section of table top to the blades left, it is easy enough to do. The only problem is that you cannot really make a zero clearance insert for the blade, as the blade slot is part of the right hand side of the table top.

This isn't a big issue but if you are using thin stock and only taking small cuts the waste gets between the blade and table which is undesirable. Does the big saw suffer from this problem too?

Yes the PKF 255 is the same. Actually all to the left of the blade in the sliding table. This is not a problem unless you are cutting Very thin strips.

Does anyone have links or documents on how to fine tune the PKF 255?

The manuals are good for assembling the tablesaw but now that I am well used to it, I want to really fine tune it and this is not well explained in the manuals. If someone knows of some good resources please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

After a long search for the right table saw I have finally made a choice and blew my budget out for the Elektra Beckum PKF 255 V8.

I haven't started any project with it yet, but my first impressions are very very good. It feels solid and heavy resulting in no vibration when starting and using it. The sliding table is very smooth and the induction motor is like music to my hears 8). Setting the rip fence is easy and very accurate, you lock the front to the correct lenght and secure the back of the fence to ensure straightness and stability for your cut.
Raising and lowering the blade is also very smooth and accurate. Not to forget the scoring blade which can be raised/lowered from the table top. The 2 blades run independently, if you are not using the scoring blade it doesn't get switched on automatically with the main one.

I haven't got experience in writing a review but if anyone wants to hear about a particular feature of the saw I'll gladly go hands on and give a good report. Also I'll update this thread as I use the tool with real projects.

One aspect I found not so good: to access the blade and change it you need to remove the entire sliding table (which is very heavy). Once this is done you shift aside a cover panel which is held by clever hinges (nice touch) and can easily change the blade.
If someone knows how to do this without having to remove the sliding table I would love to hear it :idea:

CYC, enjoying every cut I make with this table saw :lol:

PKF255V8

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2nd hand PKF 255 V8. I'm in the process of overhauling it (new bearings etc.) I have a couple of items missing on the scorer/scribing part. The parts that are still available to purchase I've ordered online. Some I'm having made up by a friend of mine. There is...

Latest posts

Back