• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Elektra Beckum Mitre Saw 240V with stand and extensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scholar

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finally repatriated my Festool Kapex home after years on a never-ending family project. As a result, my trusty Elektra Beckum KGS301 is now surplus to requirements.

I have had this saw from new - the year of manufacture is 1999, and I guess I bought it (from Axminster) in 2000. I am a hobbyist and none of my stuff gets worked hard - this will be true of this mitre saw and so whilst it is some years old, it is in practically original condition.

It comes with basically every option that was available at the time (I think there was a laser option, but don’t remember that being offered - in any event, I don’t find any laser pointer to be all that helpful in achieving real accuracy). So, included are:
- stand
- hold down
- dust extractor port (100mm/58mm/36mm)
- left and right extensions
- short length stops
The side extensions are very solid and stable (much better than the Kapex wings!) - the left one is 1770mm, extending to over 3000mm, and the right one 1650mm. 90% of the time, I use the saw for shorter pieces without the side extensions, but they are quick to set up when needed.

The saw comes with its original Elektra Beckum blade 250 x 24T - I had this sharpened once and it would benefit from a light resharpening. Also, presently fitted is a DeWalt 250 x 96T blade that is pretty new.

Everything works as you would expect. Just one feature I should mention is that this model did not have a blade brake, so the blade spins freely after you shut it down (testament to the quality of the bearings, it spins for some time) - it was subsequently possible to retrofit a blade brake unit, but it was quite expensive at the time and I never got round to this and just got used to it - it may be possible to still find this part, I don’t know.

I have always found this saw to be a joy to use. with its smooth running induction motor.

(I don’t want to think about the original cost) - I would like £295 for the kit [see my later post below]. This is for collection near Stratford-upon-Avon (it might be possible to collect from Cornwall (near Bodmin) or just possible to arrange a meet-up at points in between - just ask).

Cheers - here are some pictures:

E011A833-911B-4E2C-B1A1-30E3C63A5827.jpeg

BB7338B1-E745-437D-BD39-577BA4222D51.jpeg

70766DDF-4440-47E2-AA43-F9A8A054F175.jpeg

8C0B690A-EADA-4D6A-B8C7-231C57765D9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to update (and trusting this does not transgress any Rules):

I have now listed this on eBay (at £295) as I could do with the space. Very happy to keep this available on the forum in case anyone is interested, until such time as any bids are made on eBay.

Of course, any queries, please just ask.

Cheers

Back